Discussion Forums > Maintenance

Diverter Valve Check

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eric18T:
don't waste your time with plastic dv's.  Just buck it up greg and get a metal one. Either a forge or a hyperboost.

92UrS4:
Well if you're not chipped a 710N will probably last you a year or 2.  The aftermarkets are going to put you out around $150.  I think on Clubb5.com (another Passat site that we spawned from) in the group buy forum I believe there is a group buy going on for the Forge 007 DV.  Check it out.

Colorado_Baja:

--- Quote from: "Eric18T" ---don't waste your time with plastic dv's.  Just buck it up greg and get a metal one. Either a forge or a hyperboost.
--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing but I ran into a problem...
My mod budget for this pay period is just about shot. (Window Tint)

Here is a good question for you Eric, does upgradeing to a rebuildable valve bring the noise up.

I put that intake on and it made the spool and blow off alot louder... im trying to keep it as low key as possable.

Thanks

:)

Eric18T:
it doesn;t really affect the noise level at all. It is definitly worth saving for a good valve though. If you get in a jam i have a few new plastic valves kicking around here somewhere that you can use if need be.  I now the feeling about keeping things low key, i am doing the same thing.

Colorado_Baja:
Eric-- I cant really tell if I need to replace the valve yet or not when im at a stop it sounds ok when I rev it up. But sometimes when im in second around 3200 or so and let off the gas it kinda makes a weird noise... im going to wait untill friday ( thats when I can roll the windows down agen due to the freash tint) to evaluate it a little further.

Thanks for the offer on your spare valve ill let you know if im in real need and dead broke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version