Author Topic: They Finally came!!!!!!!!  (Read 3138 times)

Chas

• Modded
They Finally came!!!!!!!!
« on: March 19, 2004, 02:07:04 AM »
HOLY SNIKIES!!!!!!!! They are here and installed!!!!!!

Finally after waiting since December 20th my E-code headlamps finally came. And as an added suprise to me I got the Euro headlamp switch with my order. I didn't think I was going to be getting one from Cullen so I went out and bought one before the lamps arrived. Oh well...  :P  :satisfied:

The new lamps are just so sweet and they reall give the front end a new look. Sharp, clean and very Euro!  :onfire:  :onfire:

The light they put out is much better than the stock DOT lamps we all have to suffer with. Now all I need is a HID set off an Audi A6. Hmmm... Jay?!  8O   :lookround:

I am totally stoked, can you tell??  :)  :)  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 02:14:57 AM »
Chas they sure do look nice.  Glad to see Cullen came through for ya.  After that long wait I would suggest getting the "clear bra protector" stuff for them.  I put some on my lenses when i got my B5.5 and it has helped greatly with the sand on the road.  

Looking sharp!

(P.S. _ I still need your help on the vag-com/tip shift to sport mode thing.)
wink wink

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 02:14:57 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 02:49:09 AM »
Chas, those look great, long wait, but well worth it, IMHO.

congrats!!!

cheers
jon

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 04:23:35 AM »
Congrats Chas...finally!!! :roll: Are you going to put a clear bra film on them? I'd be willing to split the cost with you if you happen to get enough for both our headlamps. Let me know...

Thanks.

Mark
mad wagon

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 05:13:42 AM »
Mark, is that something I can buy and apply myself or is it something that needs to be done at a shop somewhere? It couldn't be too hard to do yourself I would imagine, but I'm not sure.  :?
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 05:25:16 AM »
Chas, I have done it on the Mini, as well as done my own stripes on the mini...it is actually very easy, I can either help you do it, or give you instructions on how to do it without having bubbles under the film.  I have a pre-made solution I use to spray the surfaces first, plenty of it...you are welcome to it if you want.  Just let me know...Mark, same goes for you

cheers
jon

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 02:03:03 PM »
Sweet, Chas! Those look awesome... keep us posted on how the clearbra turns out. It's probably a little late for my xenons.. but I may consider putting some on there. Should have done it to my fogs a long time ago- they are both pitted to hell and one's cracked. :P
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 02:56:32 PM »
Those look so good.  I am so jealous.  damn.  Now you can't do anything more to your car until you get wheels for it!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 06:48:47 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Those look so good.  I am so jealous.  damn.  Now you can't do anything more to your car until you get wheels for it!

HA!!!  :cool:  :-D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Also, remember Winston, I have that Zendar 3 piece spoiler that I still have to finish painting. He he he ha!  :-D

That's funny man, You know what, I think I'm never going to get wheels for my car. I think I'll mod the hell out of the rest of it and leave the stock alloys on forever!   :oops:  :oops:  :P  :P  :P  :-P  :-P

Or not...

I only have 2 more car payments to make on it and it's all mine!!!! I've never fully paid off a new car before. Either it was wrecked and totaled or I sold it. This will be a first for me. I am really excited actually. Maybe in a couple months I'll spring for some new wheels. Though there have been some great deals lately on new wheels at a couple online stores. Wheels I would actually consider putting on my car. Someone was selling a set of Borbet Type T's at CB5. They were just like Boris'. And that gave me pause. I want something different than those. They are nice wheels, but I'm not sure they would go so well with my paint color. That probably doesn't make sense, but to me it does. Somehow...  :P  :P

Anyhow, thanks for the nice comments.

Hey Jon, where do I get that clear film from?
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 06:55:34 PM »
Chas, I think your car will look awesome with any kind of wheels with all of the work you have done on your car.

Congrats on almost paying it off!  That's awesome!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 10:50:10 PM »
Well, thanks to Marks help and a couple of nice folks on CB5 I finally got my Euro headlamp switch to work with my after market fogs. So now the HL switch controls the fogs just like it used to with the factory fogs of old. Only now they will come on with just the parking lights on. The early cars had a different set up in the wiring of the headlamp circuit. It was easy to fix and only took one simple wire to be installed where the DRL relay used to be. But now it works great!

1 turn = parking lights
1 turn & 1 pull = parking & Fogs
2 turns & 1 pull = Parking, Headlights & fogs

I still have one more pull with the Euro headlight switch, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that one. Traditionally that would be for the rear fogs to be activated, but I did the extra brake light mod instead.

So for now the one extra pull does nothing.

And, I can now say that these lamps do add to the performance equation. Wieght loss!!!! That DRL relay has to wiegh at least an ounce or two!  :P  :P  :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 12:11:14 PM »
That's great Chas!  Hey, if you still want a rear fog, you can still do it with the extra brake lights.  Alan, showed me how.  It's very easy.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 05:58:31 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
That's great Chas!  Hey, if you still want a rear fog, you can still do it with the extra brake lights.  Alan, showed me how.  It's very easy.

I'm listening...  :)

I was thinking this was possible by using a dual filament bulb and the right wiring.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!