Author Topic: 10th Annual Volkswagens on the Green (VWOTG) -- May 16  (Read 22899 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
10th Annual Volkswagens on the Green (VWOTG) -- May 16
« on: March 22, 2004, 04:32:38 PM »
5222 Quaker Street
Golden, Colorado

Directions:
Take I-70 east or west to SH-58
Go West on SH-58 towards Golden
Take McIntyre exit and turn right (heading North)
Turn left on 54th
Turn left on Quaker and the street dead ends at the park.

Date and Time:
Sunday, May 16th, 2004 Rain or Shine
Gates open at 6:30 am for swapmeet ,sponsors and vendors
7:30 for show cars and show starts at 8:30 till ??

Spectator Cost:
Walk in: FREE
Parking: $2.00 per car load

Show Entry Cost:
FREE (Remember this is a Volkswagen Only Show)

General Info:
Swap Meet and Vendor Area
NEW THIS YEAR: Food Vendors!! (No More ACC Food)
Playground for the Kids
Valve Cover Racing
Coolers Welcome, NO GLASS CONTAINERS PLEASE!!
Dogs are allowed on leash and only if you clean up after them.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 04:33:23 PM »
Link for information and other details:

http://www.bestvwclub.com/vwec/vwotg/

Other Important Details:

This is a VW only show as I understand, meaning Audi owners are not allowed to participate in the Show portion.  So us Audi folk will supposedly have a "special" parking area for $1.00 so we can congregate and show support regardless.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 04:33:23 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 04:45:56 PM »
RMCB5 will be sponsoring the Passat class trophy.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 05:35:59 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
This is a VW only show as I understand, meaning Audi owners are not allowed to participate in the Show portion.  So us Audi folk will supposedly have a "special" parking area for $1.00 so we can congregate and show support regardless.

That's lame. :stern:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Bubba

• n00balicious
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 06:48:40 PM »
Official Reply.  Yeah guys it is a VW only show.  Participant parking is $2.00 per car and I see no problem with a Audi parking section as Lance offred.  Also remember that next year I am going to do two new show along with the VWOTG.  These will be a seperate air-cooled and water-cooled show.  When we set up the water show we can discuss other "Family" marques.  I was thinking that on the air-cooled show to allow any air-cooled vehicle.  Making changes takes time and right now VWOTG is getting back to it's roots of being a "recruiting ground" for the V-Dubs.  That is why the decision was made to allow only VW's on the show grounds.  As always e-mail me or call (303) 632-7429 for ?'s comments concerns.  Thanks Bubba  :)
urrent VWEC Prez

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 07:54:51 PM »
So is it free for participants, or $2.00 for participants? We seem to have conflicting info. Not that the $2.00 is a big deal, but just good to know ahead of time.
MWJD?

GTIguy

• Stock
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 07:58:04 PM »
Participants ie.  showing your car is free.  Spectator Parking, including the Audi sectioned off spectator parking area will cost $2.00
itrous is like a really hot chick with STD's, you really want to hit it , but you're worried about the aftermath.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 08:00:50 PM »
Gotcha, thanks. Bubba's post confused me.
MWJD?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 08:03:38 PM »
No hard feelings or malice intended Bubba, just sad that I won't be side by side with my audi brothers :(
At least they'll have they're own locale...props to Lance on that one.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 11:47:22 PM »
I think making a space and then making you pay for it is not only a bullsh!t charity move, but it is a huge slap in the face of a club that is giving up $50 to basically give an award to themselves..... I am glad I do not own a B5 because I would be makin' some SERIOUS waves right now.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 12:07:12 AM »
I am not saying that I agree with the new policy, but I understand getting back to roots, just hard when something was there and all of a sudden it gets taken away.  I still think it is a great show, amazing cars and people there, so if nothing else, just go and see what everyone else is doing on their rides...and give them prop for all their hard work an making their cars what they are...true VW's.

I won't be able to attend do to work schedule conflicts, but I hope everyone has a good time.

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 12:53:35 AM »
Hello, I am writing to clarify the no Audi concern that seems to be running around some of the local forums. This year the Volkswagens On The Greens car show will not allow Audis to park side by side with the Volkswagens that are participating in the show.

The main reason is that this show is called “Volkswagens on the Greens” That means this is a Volkswagen only car show. The different chassis for the cars will be grouped together. Meaning MK1 Rabbits and Jettas will be parked together; MK2 Golfs and Jettas will be parked together, and so on. This also means that everyone driving as one big posse will not be able to park together unless you are all driving MK1’s MK2.. Whatever… So please tell me where the Audi’s actually fit in? I know there are some cars out there that are similar, the fox and 4000, but keep in mind “Volkswagens on the Greens” is the title of the show.

Audis can be grouped together in the spectator parking section. And hey you only have to pay $1.00 not $2.00.

GTIguy

• Stock
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 12:59:02 AM »
Nevermind
itrous is like a really hot chick with STD's, you really want to hit it , but you're worried about the aftermath.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 01:08:26 AM »
http://www.bestvwclub.com/vwec/vwotg

questions will be answered there.

Bubba

• n00balicious
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 02:44:56 AM »
Not trying to make any waves guys.  Like I said it is a VW only show.  I'm don't lnow much about watercoolers bat am learning fast.  I have made a decision that anyone "showing" thier Audi in the Audi parking area may park for free.  Anyone have an Audi Only parking sign.  I know that Audi's and VW currently share alot of tech but we are trying to keep this show VW only.  As I have mentioned elsewhere next year I will be introducing two new shows.  Along with the VWOTG we will be doing a water cooled and air cooled show seperate.  All this works better when we work together.  Also I have had only a couple of e-mails or calls regarding any of these concerns.  Try to talk to me first without throwing stones thanks Bubba
urrent VWEC Prez

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 04:40:59 AM »
Bubba, good of you to allow the Audi's free parking, I think that gesture will be well received by the community.  thanks for your efforts, we appreciate your hard work.

cheers
jon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2004, 06:57:05 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Bubba, good of you to allow the Audi's free parking, I think that gesture will be well received by the community.  thanks for your efforts, we appreciate your hard work.

cheers
jon

Ditto, thanks Bubba.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 04:01:04 PM »
Let's meet for Sunday, anyone? I'll probably park with the Audi's
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 04:20:47 PM »
JR, please park with the Passats, I know how everyone feels, but I think it says more to represent the club and the class by parking the cars we can in the show, and the rest of us will show our support in the Audi area ;)  

Please keep in mind, they may not allow other cars to park with the Audis, and if they do, it will cost you $2.00 for not entering.

So think about that, and think about the benefit that we all get for having cars in the show.  We are afterall sponsoring the Passat class it would be pretty emabarrasing to not have any cars in the class we sponsor and for people to pay to park when they can park for free in the show.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2004, 07:28:32 PM »
No worries, I was only thinking that I may not enter but I'll represent. Maybe I'll even bring Mod-Dog....
Anyway, who's all going...am I gonna be alone?
Those that are going, wanna meet up somewhere and group it out?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2004, 07:44:57 PM »
You guys can do whatever you want.  I expressed my opnion, and that's all I can do.

If you don't want to show a car that you have worked hard on and want to pay $2.00 to park with me and other Audi owners that's fine.

If you want to try and win an award that we are sponsoring, the only way you can do it is by showing your car and parking it on the green.

However, if you are planning on going, be it in an Audi or a VW, please post here for a head count.  Would be nice to roll in together so the Passats can park together and the Audi's can as well.

Any MKIV owners can get grouped together as well in their class.

So report in if you are going.

scott

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2004, 09:15:19 AM »
I am sure Lance's W-8 will be there... so you will not be alone, but at least that makes your odds better on winning!  ;)  ;)

Also, I do not know if any of you have time, but they will be marking the grounds and what not Saturday around 6ish if anyone has time to help that would be much appreciated!

the_russian

• Stock
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2004, 01:20:18 PM »
Hey guys. I think i'm in (unbless my boss is gonna be an a-hole about it and won't let me off). But if you guys meeting up somewhere i'd like to roll with you. I just got my A4 so i'm pretty new to the whole european car sceene( i was a DSM guy for a couple of years) so i just want to meet some people personaly.

Thanx for you support gietl.
Looking forwar to meeting ya'll.

Alex.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2004, 02:29:15 PM »
Alex, I'll meet up with just you if you'd like. I don't think alot of people are going. I know that there's several heading down to NM, but I'll meet up with anyone who's going
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2004, 02:48:33 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Alex, I'll meet up with just you if you'd like. I don't think alot of people are going. I know that there's several heading down to NM, but I'll meet up with anyone who's going

JR, a bunch of us are going... :? I just think we'll figure everything out next week...
mad wagon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2004, 02:58:45 PM »
Hmmm....I must be out of the loop :?  :stern:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

the_russian

• Stock
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2004, 05:56:54 PM »
Hey guys. Where r you most likely gonna be meeting up...What city i mean, caz i'm in Lafayette and if anybody is Lafayette or Longmont we could meet up and then join the rest of the group or what ever...Just a thought.

Alex.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2004, 01:56:11 AM »
I'll be going to this one for sure. There is no way we can let Lance and his boner W-8 take home own trophy! It belongs to one of us!

Anyhow, we should meet up somewhere to caravan in together. JR, we can start it out here in Aurora and pick up folks along the way. Is there one spot that is centrally located that we can all meet at?

I've been busy trying out new things for my car. I'm hoping to have the Zendar rear spoiler done for this show. But we'll see.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

GTIguy

• Stock
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »
Come on out guys...

I'd hate to see you sit this one out because of something or someone stupid

Hope to see you all there, and we'll see you again on July 25th at Dubs Along the Rockies.
 :cool:

scott

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2004, 02:01:06 AM »
yeah baby JULY 25TH is the B5 SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!