Author Topic: Help with dash display please  (Read 1531 times)

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Help with dash display please
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
My 2002 S4 is having issues with the center dash display that normally shows the information for the "trip" computer (MPG, miles to empty, avg speed, etc). When I start the car, I get a big OK at the top of the display, and when I open the door with the car running I get an open door indicator, but I can't pull up and info from the "trip" computer... Could I have somehow turned it off? Or did I blow or break something? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Jonathan

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Re: Help with dash display please
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »
You may have turned it off.  There is a little button on the bottom of the right hand switch that you can press to turn the display off and on.  Try pushing the button and see if it comes back on.

HTH - Randy
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:14:29 PM »
Will try that again, thought I did hit that button a few times, but nothing changed.  Thanks Randy!

Jonathan

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:57:35 AM »
that button (on the bottom of the stalk - not the one to change the functions on the display) is what I'd suggest too.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »
Noob-Shum is a nOOB! ;)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
I must be a noob, because I KNOW I tried that button a few times, and it didn't change the display, the first time I tried it (before I posted this....). It is now working like it used too DERRRRR Thanks all  ::) :D

Jonathan