Author Topic: Thanks Randy and Todd for the work on the dyno today  (Read 2813 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Thanks Randy and Todd for the work on the dyno today
« on: October 25, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »

took the allroad down to run on a dyno.  it ended up putting down 417 lb ft and 385 hp at the wheels.

if I use a stanard conversion of multiply by 1.28 to find crank power with quattro, that would put the car at 533 ft lbs and 492 hp at the crank.  WOW.  this car is a monster.

for comparison today 2 stage III B5 S4's ran immediately after mine on the same dyno.  they were each getting ~375 lb ft and 350 hp.  there were a couple potential differences to account for the difference in power.  first is my cold air intake - they were both running stock airboxes, second was the difference between the BEL and APB motors if any, and finally was quality of the gas.  My runs were on 91 octane shell pump gas.  Both S4s had used at least a partial tank of unknown quality 91 octane.

anyway, I am happy with the results.  it was a good day!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Thanks Randy and Todd for the work on the dyno today
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »
O
M
G

That is insane Andrew...insanely AWESOME! Congrats on the numbers, I still have yet to go for a ride in that bad boy since everything has been done.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:44:53 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:45:14 PM »
zoinks, those are some huge numbers.  Congrats on the successful pulls.

Freeride

• Lightly Modded
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
 :o does your all-road create a black hole behind it when you're hauling ass down the Interstate?

You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N...

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:06:04 AM »
O
M
G

That is insane Andrew...insanely AWESOME! Congrats on the numbers, I still have yet to go for a ride in that bad boy since everything has been done.

You are welcome to a ride anytime Jay.

zoinks, those are some huge numbers.  Congrats on the successful pulls.

thanks.  kind of explains why you got through 1st gear so fast, huh?

:o does your all-road create a black hole behind it when you're hauling ass down the Interstate?

I try not to look back there.   ;)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
It was fun to take a bunch of cars we have built over the last year or two and see what they can do.  I will admit that I am very proud of Andrew's Allroad!  After two motor pulls, lots of work on the intercoolers, and a mind numbing amount of time working on the tuning, Todd and I are thrilled.

BTW - We ran at Carz Custom in Lakewood.  They have a Super Flow dyno and the best set-up of fan's I have seen.  They are great people and were very helpful.  If you want to Dyno your car, this is a great place to go.  The Dyno is not a "heart-breaker" but it is not as easy as Dyno-Jet.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »
Whoa. Andrew, that's insane. You have your own, off-road RS6 there...or something.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Blackmagics4

• n00balicious
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »

took the allroad down to run on a dyno.  it ended up putting down 417 lb ft and 385 hp at the wheels.

if I use a stanard conversion of multiply by 1.28 to find crank power with quattro, that would put the car at 533 ft lbs and 492 hp at the crank.  WOW.  this car is a monster.

for comparison today 2 stage III B5 S4's ran immediately after mine on the same dyno.  they were each getting ~375 lb ft and 350 hp.  there were a couple potential differences to account for the difference in power.  first is my cold air intake - they were both running stock airboxes, second was the difference between the BEL and APB motors if any, and finally was quality of the gas.  My runs were on 91 octane shell pump gas.  Both S4s had used at least a partial tank of unknown quality 91 octane.

anyway, I am happy with the results.  it was a good day!

Yeah, I was told to use a STOCK AIR BOX with my K04 Setup, I do have a EvoMS Intake that was on the car prior.  ::)

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 12:06:37 AM »
I'd be surprised if any real power is to be had from an intake.  I think it's all in the programming.  When Tony from EPL came out and tweaked all those cars, he gained anywhere up to 60whp in just the software...
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 12:26:51 AM »
I'd be surprised if any real power is to be had from an intake.  I think it's all in the programming.  When Tony from EPL came out and tweaked all those cars, he gained anywhere up to 60whp in just the software...

Agreed. I have an EvoMS CAI and Matt heatshield and didn't notice or log anything other than a cool sound. ;D Randy and Todd know how to program too. I don't believe they did anything other than tweak the best they could out of Andrew's ride.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 01:38:18 AM »
Nice numbers, i guessed they were big after driving the car but......wow
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
some pics from Saturday:

and my favorite:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 02:11:28 PM by gragravar »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
I'd be surprised if any real power is to be had from an intake.

His car has that intake because we can not use a stock air box due to the size of the end tank on the RS6 Intercoolers.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 06:49:54 PM »
WOW. Nice job guys. I would be happy if i made half of that power.

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
I made a little more than half of that power and I still am not happy. Time to start saving for the BFT.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!