Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 4217 times)

MattyB

• Stock
Greetings!
« on: March 29, 2004, 10:07:59 PM »
Well....I've taken the plunge.  My new ride was delivered Saturday morning (well......new to me).  99 Variant 1.8t, 5speed, Colorado Red, H&R Sports, 17's, GIAC, Forge DV, etc.....I couldn't be more pleased.  I just wanted to drop a note and say hello to everyone.  I've been lurking here for a few weeks while I've been serching for my passat.  Both this site and Clubb5 have been very helpful.  I can say that I am looking forward to meeting you all.  As has been stated in prior posts, both here and at Clubb5, rmcb5 appears to be a really great group of people.  Oh yeah...while the landscaping at my house leaves a little bit to be desired, it does have one benefit, courtesy of the prior owner.....a HUGE driveway.  Can you say garage day?   :cool:

Cheers,
Matt

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 10:18:30 PM »
Nice sounding ride, Matt.  Where'd ya pick it up?  It's already got most of the essential mods, but what do you have planned to upgrade first?  (we'll just assume that the modding madness is unavoidable)  ;)
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 10:18:30 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 10:28:19 PM »
Welcome Matt...nice to have another variant around...Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your ride.

cheers
jon

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Greetings!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 10:38:13 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Now that Gietl has sold his Colorado Red B5, it's nice to have another...and an Avant no less.  Looking forward to meeting you,
Pat
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

MattyB

• Stock
Greetings!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 10:43:08 PM »
Velo -- Thanks!  Kansas...of all places.  Modding madness; don't I know it.  I have to clear all new mods through the CFO.   :(   However, the wheels are next...I'll put the Mille Miglias up for sale to try and offset the cost.

Jon & Pat -  Thanks. Me too!

....just getting the hang of this posting thing.  It is going to be the death of my billable hours.  :oops:

RobD

• Modded
Greetings!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 02:53:32 AM »
Welcome MattyB!  Sounds like a nice ride already.  

You might have to give madigan a run for "Best Variant" although it would have to be a hard run!

Try and make it to a GTG sometime.

Rob

madigan

• Modded
Greetings!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 03:18:21 AM »
Hey Matt! Welcome to the club. You and I will have to park in the "Variants Only" section... :P Glad to have another Variant around. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Lets see some pics!

Mark
mad wagon

MattyB

• Stock
Greetings!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 02:04:05 PM »
I think it would be difficult to top Madigan for "Best Variant."  His ride is "sweet!"  Mark I don't know how you roll on 19's...you must have pothole radar.  I'll try to post some pics when I get my camera back.  

Matt

madigan

• Modded
Greetings!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 02:53:46 PM »
Quote from: "MattyB"
...you must have pothole radar...

You couldn't have said it better... it came free with the 19's... :P
mad wagon

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Greetings!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 04:27:22 PM »
Welcome to the club - prepare to overwhelmed with thoughts of 19 inch rims, silicone hoses and more power :!:
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Greetings!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 05:44:12 PM »
I like your screen name. My name is Matt Blenker and my friends often call me MattyB because a fellow worker also has the name Matt.  Car sounds cool, I someday hope to meet everybody someday as well. Haven't made it to any RMCB5 G2G's but hope to this summer.

L8TR
att

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Greetings!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 06:25:45 PM »
OMG!  Matt your back on the forum... I knew you were not dead, becasue I drive by your car all the time, but it is good to see you back posting.

As for the next GTG - Do we have a plan? anyone??
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Greetings!
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 06:58:41 PM »
Randy, check out the GTG section, there is a week day garage day tomorrow, and another garage day on the 1st of May...hope you can make those.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Greetings!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 08:28:25 PM »
Matt, welcome to the club!

It's good to see another variant and a Colorado Red one at that.  I have never seen a variant with that color and can't wait to check it out!

Hope to see ya soon,
Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 12:50:27 AM »
hello.. Welcome to he club and to the addication of aftermarket VAG parts.

soon you will be looking or a second job to support the habit.

Your car sounds sweet, can't wait to see it in person.