Author Topic: P0455  (Read 1078 times)

Hapahaole

• n00balicious
P0455
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:32:32 AM »
  So I did a search before I made this post because people don't like irritating and repetitive questions, but my Passat keeps popping the P0455 code, EVAP leak (large).  I don't know where I should look, I looked under the hood and checked all the lines and didn't see anything.  AllData said there was an EVAP can in the spare tire well but I couldn't find it.  I did find the access spot for the fuel sender....  Does the seal go bad at this point or what?  Any insight would be great.  Also, I didn't check the lines under the passanger wheel well, is this where the lines have issues?

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
Re: P0455
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
Did you recently fill up? Most of the search results I found for that code led to the gas cap not being on tight enough. If that's not the cause trace fuel lines from the tank to the engine to see if there are any bad spots.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »

Hapahaole

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:07 PM »
  It was nothing to do with filling up, but that was my first thought so I got a new gas cap for it.  That didn't fix the problem so I checked everything under the hood.  It must be the stuff atop the wheel well....  I'll have to try a smoke test.  Thanks for the reply though!