Author Topic: I've been a bad girl  (Read 2358 times)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
I've been a bad girl
« on: March 29, 2004, 10:52:18 PM »
Grr.. got a speeding ticket, 46 in a 30 today. I swear I thought the limit was 35, not that it makes it right. I was passing the slow-ass van and was going faster than I normally would to get around him, then I see the cop radaring me. He wasn't a dick or anything.. actually he was hot.  

My damn car.. I never had a speeding ticket in my life before I got it. ;)

So my question for you all is... should I just pay the $100 and get 2 points instead of 4, or should I go to court? I don't think I have anything to argue... I was in plain sight speeding my ass off. Is there any chance they knock down the fine if you go to court? Anyone? (Winston?)
MWJD?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 11:02:21 PM »
Pay it and be done with it...you won't get any better in court, it was a plain and simple ticket, and if you go to court, the cost goes up...court fees and all.  I don't believe they decrease fees at all, at least that has been my personal experience, they only decrease points...they want your money more than anything...so if you can't argue the ticket, what is the point?

just my opinion

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

I've been a bad girl
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 11:02:21 PM »

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 11:06:10 PM »
Thanks Jon, that's pretty much what I figured...seems much more painless and cheaper to deal with it that way.
MWJD?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 11:12:53 PM »
There's always the chance that you go to court, talk tot he DA and try to plea bargain, you could get off with a probation and the original fine.  I think regardless you can get just 2 points.

Of course they could be crabby and stick you with the 4 points if you go to court. :)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 11:56:24 PM »
I have had plenty of speeding tickets and I can tell you that in my experince its a waste of time to go to court unless you in serious trouble. If you only have to take 2 points instead of 4 and pay 100 bucks I would pay and be done with it. Just my opinion. :D
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 11:59:58 PM »
Yep, pay it.  Sorry to hear.  Give me a ring sometime.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 01:17:38 AM »
Sorry to hear of your situation.  I do agree that you should just pay the ticket.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 02:50:59 AM »
Thanks for the tips and the concern. It's not a huge deal, it's just a funny end to a retarded day I had. No use in getting upset about it, nothing I can do to change it. ;)
MWJD?

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: I've been a bad girl
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 03:18:42 AM »
Quote from: "UberGrrl"
Grr.. got a speeding ticket, 46 in a 30 today. I swear I thought the limit was 35, not that it makes it right. I was passing the slow-ass van and was going faster than I normally would to get around him, then I see the cop radaring me. He wasn't a dick or anything.. actually he was hot.  

My damn car.. I never had a speeding ticket in my life before I got it. ;)

So my question for you all is... should I just pay the $100 and get 2 points instead of 4, or should I go to court? I don't think I have anything to argue... I was in plain sight speeding my ass off. Is there any chance they knock down the fine if you go to court? Anyone? (Winston?)

Its time to take your chip away, or maybe just drive in Valet mode..  

Luckily it's only $100, so did you just pay the cop when he wrote it? You can do that here right?

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 01:45:59 PM »
Quote from: "Eric18T"

Um, I don't have a chip.. I'm thinking I don't need one either.
MWJD?

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 04:01:54 PM »

Luckily it's only $100, so did you just pay the cop when he wrote it? You can do that here right?

:lol:  They frown upon that here, so much in fact that you would probly be arested for trying to hand the cop cash and telling him you wanted to take care of it now.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
I've been a bad girl
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 07:45:49 PM »
Having recently fought the "man" my advice is - Pay it and be done with it.  However if you have a clean reccord, you can try going to court andask to get have the ticket deferred.  This only works with a clear reccord though...

Good to see that Winston and I are not the only lead foot's in the crew...  but getting tickets sucks, period.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 12:30:47 AM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"

:lol:  They frown upon that here, so much in fact that you would probly be arested for trying to hand the cop cash and telling him you wanted to take care of it now.

Ok food for thought. I usually keep a $100 in the ashtray just in case. I guess i won't try that around here. ;)