Author Topic: Garage Day Wednesday April 14th  (Read 3964 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day Wednesday April 14th
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:44:21 PM »
Again, another week day Garage Day at my house.  Van needs to do suspension and sway bars on his A4 Avant.  I believe Jason and a buddy of his will also be coming over to work on suspension on an A6 as well.

For those that are interested in lending a hand, let me know, I will forward you the address and phone numbers.  Not sure on start time Yet, Depends on Van...but I am sure he will chime in soon

cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 10:10:27 PM »
:D I am in as always! unless my job decides to get the rest of my paperwork done in a timely maner.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 10:10:27 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 10:10:54 PM »
Start time 9am :)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 10:27:30 PM »
8O  ouch I might be in a little after nine.

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 10:31:14 PM »
Cool Greg, get here when you can...no worries, traffic at that time would be really bad for you...so plan on 10-1030...that way you won't be sitting in traffic all day.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 02:26:38 AM »
Sounds like a plan hopefully we will get a good turn out like last week. If we run short on work I could use an oil change but its not a priority.
Also I was wondering if anyone was intristed in BBQ?

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks Greg :)

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 04:46:40 AM »
BBQ may work, bring what you want to grill up, not sure I will have much at the house, but we can work something out as we get closer to the 14th

cheers
jon

edit: maybe we can do your oil also, I don't have anything to collect oil in, so come with everything you need, and we can do it.

Worff

• n00balicious
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 02:10:41 PM »
Dont you two have jobs? :lol:   If i didnt have one i would show up, but i still have to pay the bills.
001 Jetta, I know its not a B5, Wolfsburg.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 03:17:23 PM »
Haha! Jon's coming over to my place to mod my car and paint my garage with me on Wednesday...NOON of all times!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 06:55:23 PM »
Yeah, I don't have a job, they just give me my money for free :P

hehehe, actually, I work all weekend, nights to be exact, so it is a trade off, I have 5 days off a week, but can never hang out on the weekends.

Yeah, tomorrow I am gonna help Pat paint, then help JR out this Wednesday on his house and car, then next week, we are working on Vans car.

Thanks for the offer Worff...your assistance is always appreciated.  It is gonna be real sad when you leave for school.

cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 03:55:36 AM »
Just wanted to give this thread a little bump, so....

BUMP :D

Ok geting closer to that time,

Roll call for the 14th
--Van
--Jason (Van's freind)
--Jon
--Me

And thats it for now... Hopefully more of you will chime in soon.

~Greg

Fugazi

Vanimaniac

• Stock
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 04:04:59 AM »
yeah shocks but unfortunately no sway bar for me. Maybe by the next Garage day on the 1st of May.
here are three kinds of people, those that can count and those that can't.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 01:17:59 PM »
i will be at work till 8ish wed and thurs. So i won't be able to make it. :(

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 12:51:02 PM »
I may show...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 05:53:34 AM »
Anyone that can come over early to lend a hand would be great...we are only doing shocks for Van, as he does not have his sway bars at this time...so it should take a little less time than expected.  We all hope to be done by early afternoon.  Anyone interested in helping the the morning thru lunch, drop me an email or PM and I will give you directions/address for mapquest.

cheers
jon

Vanimaniac

• Stock
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2004, 03:15:39 AM »
Jason may be putting in some new (old) rotors too. Since he's not allowed to use his crossdrilled ones in DSP class at the autocross on Sunday.
here are three kinds of people, those that can count and those that can't.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 03:29:29 AM »
they are so easy for his application, the HP-2 dual piston caliper set up for the S4's.  Changing out the rotors back to OEM should only take about 30-45 minutes....I think they are the easiest brakes to work on.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 02:25:35 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
they are so easy for his application, the HP-2 dual piston caliper set up for the S4's.  Changing out the rotors back to OEM should only take about 30-45 minutes....I think they are the easiest brakes to work on.

so how was today? Did you guys get anything accomplished? I ended up getting off work late and then going out with my boss for a few  pints of Guiness and some Martinis down at Marlowes.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 02:30:17 AM »
Things went well, got Van's shocks in, started working on another A4 2.8, but they were only able to get the back springs and shocks done...then we had to call it a day, we all had other things to do, so we stopped around 2 or 230pm or so.  We did not touch Jason's brakes, he is gonna stay in his auto cross class, so we will worry about those later.

I learned a lot about the B6 platform and suspensions, they are quite different than the B5, but once we figured it out, it went smoothly.

so we did not get everything done, but we did get done what we originally had planned, but he extra stuff got put on the back burner.  I am worn out, but had a great day.  Gotta get ready for the May 1st garage day, so we will see what that holds for plans.  I think we may need to limit what we attempt, since sharing tools made for slow going.

so we have some thinking to do, and need to come up with a game plan.

cheers
jon

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 10:19:32 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Things went well, got Van's shocks in, started working on another A4 2.8, but they were only able to get the back springs and shocks done...then we had to call it a day, we all had other things to do, so we stopped around 2 or 230pm or so.  We did not touch Jason's brakes, he is gonna stay in his auto cross class, so we will worry about those later.

I learned a lot about the B6 platform and suspensions, they are quite different than the B5, but once we figured it out, it went smoothly.

so we did not get everything done, but we did get done what we originally had planned, but he extra stuff got put on the back burner.  I am worn out, but had a great day.  Gotta get ready for the May 1st garage day, so we will see what that holds for plans.  I think we may need to limit what we attempt, since sharing tools made for slow going.

so we have some thinking to do, and need to come up with a game plan.

cheers
jon

sounds good. I am not sure if i will be able to make the May 1 gtg either.  I am suppose to be Flyfishing out in Steamboat that weekend (fri-mon).  But i do need to amke time to replace the shocks on the wifes Golf with new Bilsteins. Maybe some day we can attempt that. It should be a peice of cake.