Author Topic: Pics are up for the 3-31-04 Mini Garage Day  (Read 2880 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Pics are up for the 3-31-04 Mini Garage Day
« on: April 01, 2004, 05:17:37 AM »
As Greg said, this shot says it all..."some real work getting done"!!!

some are up now, I have a few more to add tomorrow after some sleep.  Thanks to everyone that came over and helped out, I think we got a lot done, as usual...

My sways, Hawks brakes with the red sticky anti-squeal stuff, fixed Hawks leakign headlight washer lines, put new pads on Jay's rear brakes for the Passat (special thanks to Amanda for the Rear Brake Tool), Rob fixed his mirror remote knob, but we broke some clips on his door panel (sorry about that Rob :-(  ), Pat fixed something in his door and worked on his boost gauge light that was out.  I think we did other stuff, but can't seem to remember.  Plenty of people showed up for the garage day during the day, Andrew and Ray were there early with Greg and I, then Worff came over and was a huge help, Hawk and Pat followed, Pat only got a little studying done, then Matt with his black A4 showed, then the other Matt (MattyB) with that sweet Colorado Red Avant, Mark, watch out, that is one sweet ride.  Eric also came over for a bit.  We met up with a bunch of Audiworld guys at Jiim's Burger Haven, Alex, Jason, Steve, and at least 3 others that I can't remember their names.  Again, a wonderful day, lots of fun, and knowledge gained...I am a pro at brakes now, front and rears, (thanks Jay for letting me bang on your car before you sold it :)  )

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?set_albumName=3-31-04GTG&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

cheers
jon 8-)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 05:41:28 AM »
And last but definately not least big thanks to Jon for leting us mill around is garage and yard all day and use his tools.

Thanks Jon!  :D
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 05:41:28 AM »

Vanimaniac

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 05:58:26 AM »
Jon, wish I coulda made it. Let's have another one when we do mine on the 14th (tentatively).

Hey guys, my name is Van. I drive a car.

Van
here are three kinds of people, those that can count and those that can't.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 06:10:50 AM »
Van....you bet, Do you want to start a thread, or should I for your garage day on the 14th?

BTW, I went a head and added the other pics so they are all there now.  did not have too many, since I was working on the car, then not doing much else for the rest of the day.  Greg took some great shots, and I added some new ones as well.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 12:37:32 PM »
Sounds like it was a great day!

I know this shot all too well:
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

MattyB

• Stock
Re: Pics are up for the 3-31-04 Mini Garage Day
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 01:40:18 PM »
Quote from: "O3Indigo"
... then Matt with his black A4 showed, then the other Matt (MattyB) with that sweet Colorado Red Avant, Mark, watch out, that is one sweet ride.  Eric also came over for a bit.  We met up with a bunch of Audiworld guys at Jiim's Burger Haven, Alex, Jason, Steve, and at least 3 others that I can't remember their names.  Again, a wonderful day, lots of fun, and knowledge gained...I am a pro at brakes now, front and rears, (thanks Jay for letting me bang on your car before you sold it :)  )

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?set_albumName=3-31-04GTG&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

cheers
jon 8-)

It was great meeting everyone who was there last night.  Pat, thanks for the exciting ride in your car..whew that thing is quick..nice driving..I'm just glad you and Jon didn't swap any paint!  8O  Jay, thanks for checking/clearing the codes on my car.  I look forward to more Garage Days/GTG's and, of course, open track days.  I'll keep all informed about how the shifter-kart thing is shaping up.

Matt

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 02:27:09 PM »
Looks like you guy did some good work.  I wish I was there to partake.  Nest time there is mid-week wrenching to be done I will be skipping work!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

HawkmanA4

• Stock
    • http://vanekh.oasiswellness.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 05:33:36 PM »
It was nice to see everyone who showed up! Those whou didn't- we missed you! THANK YOU AGAIN JON FOR SUPPLYING A KICK ARSS GARAGE!! AND WORFF---YOU ROCK! :D  THANK YOU!
00 A4 1.8TQMS- FOR SALE
'04 A4 Avant 1.8TQM Ultra Sprot
Hawk Vanek
HawkInvestmentRealty@comcast.net
www.SoarWithHawk.com

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 06:54:11 PM »
Rob fixed his mirror remote knob, but we broke some clips on his door panel (sorry about that Rob  )

I broke a few of those same door panel clips when I took my drivers door panel off.  It's kind of inevitable that some will break, I think.  Good news is that they only cost about $1.50 each from the dealer.  I've actually got a few extra left over if you want them Rob.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Worff

• n00balicious
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 09:08:34 PM »
thanks hawk, it really means alot that you guys appreciate my help, how are those plugs treating you?
001 Jetta, I know its not a B5, Wolfsburg.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 02:39:52 AM »
Quote from: "Worff"
thanks hawk, it really means alot that you guys appreciate my help, how are those plugs treating you?

Holy Crap...I forgot to mention Worff....I was seriously tired when I wrote that, my bad, yet again.  Worff, thank you so much for your expert hammer action on the front sway, without you, I doubt I could have gotten it on myself.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :-D

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 10:26:12 AM »
Thank you Jon for hosting this little GTG.  I only hope you could find a more flattering picture of me next time!  :D    

It was great to meet all the new faces and see some of the more familiar ones too.  Jon no sweat about the clips.  When you pull out 4 new ones from your garage what more could I ask for.  Thanks for your help!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next GTG.

Rob