Author Topic: National GTG 2004  (Read 5621 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
National GTG 2004
« on: March 25, 2004, 03:15:07 PM »
I would say it's time to start thinking about this.  We will need to start looking at any available track days, drives, BBQ locations and potential accomodations for out of staters.

I was replying to a post on Clubb5 and I thought, damn, we might need to get the ball rolling here.

Currently I have week long vacation planned for some time in July or early August just like last year...I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali, I'm going back to Cali...(unlike LL) I think so. I also have a wedding in early July and one in late August, not that my schedule should affect the dates, just a way to get everyone thinking.

Ok, back on track. So think about your plans for the summer, vacations, weddings and things like that. I guess report back here with any ideas for dates and ideas aboout the National GTG.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 03:21:05 PM »
Are we hosting? As in Denver...if so, who's point?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

National GTG 2004
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 03:21:05 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 03:32:11 PM »
I am completely open, so when every you all set a date, i will request the weekend off and join you for everything, drives, BBQ, track days, etc.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
National GTG 2004
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 03:33:08 PM »
Regardless there will be a National GTG in Denver.  Whether it's the official Clubb5.com one or not is to be determined I guess.  Last year the Clubb5 one was in Chicago but we still had a RMCB5 National GTG here.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 03:57:27 PM »
Thanks Jay...yeah, I'd love to help, so whatever we need to start working on, I'm there.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 04:22:55 PM »
This reminds me.... Pat... give rusty a call or shoot an email what ever and see whats going on with the New Mexico road trip. I would love to make that trip since I have too any way, might as well have some fun while im at it. :D
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 01:36:20 AM »
Just a reminder.... DATR is 25 July and Bug In is two weeks later....  :o

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
National GTG 2004
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 02:41:28 AM »
Thanks Scott! I meant to post the DATR date too!

Also, my conflicting dates are:

July 2 - 4
Aug 13 - 23

Looks like I will now be in town for DATR since I will be going to Vegas/Cali/WY instead of Michigan so woo hoo!

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 01:05:42 PM »
Yeah, now we're talkin'!

I'll be there.  Dates probably aren't important, no weddings planned and this would be a vacation!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 02:10:20 PM »
Sweet, it would be good to see you again Rusty.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 02:27:09 PM »
I like peanut butter.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 02:44:36 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAH! Alan's Hilarious!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Chas

• Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 02:26:24 AM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"
I like peanut butter.

Me too, but I can't have any... WAAAAAA!!!!!  :-(
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 08:34:14 PM »
Well, even if the CB5 National GTG is not here, we can still do our RMCB5 2nd Annal GTG/Drive.

Last year, Virtual World Parts donated their Banner and gave us the H&R banner.  JR is working on sponsorship for a big club banner.  More on that later.

Also, plan on a 3 day weekend, so we should try and arrange a similar schedule to last year with a track day, 2 drives and 2 BBQs.

Chas and I hosted last year, so we would want to rotate unless no one else wants to host.  Also instead of a full on drive day, maybe we could just organize something fun for the non-car people that will be attending too, like a park or Chatfield reservoir.

Something to think about.  Other than that, because of the little one on the way, I have made no summer plans except for DATR.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2004, 04:24:17 AM »
So what dates are we thinking here? And is there going to be a track day again? There has to be a track day! It wouldn't be an event without the track day! I have to make up for last years running off the track because of no tires or brakes.  :oops:  :oops:

So what dates does everyone think might work for them?  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 01:13:53 PM »
Quote from: "Chas"
...I have to make up for last years running off the track because of no tires or brakes.  :oops:  :oops:  ...

Are we to infer that you are going to have tires and brakes this year? :lol:  :bomb:

...(refers to pic with Chas' legs sticking out the roof) - see, ya gotta get those shoes outta the air and onto the ground...
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2004, 07:18:38 PM »
Yeah Chas, you know we are going to have another track day, for sure.  

As for dates, let's hear what everyone wants.

Chas

• Modded
National GTG 2004
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 01:46:54 AM »
"...(refers to pic with Chas' legs sticking out the roof) - see, ya gotta get those shoes outta the air and onto the ground..."

Is that what those are for???!!!!!  8O  :oops:  I never knew!  8)  :lol:

Yes, I have my neat Michelin Pilots that I have totally fallen in love with. And I have a propper set of Mintex pads on now, but I will be getting a real set of racing pads for the front before track day. Though on that faitful lap I did do my best time. Only .02 seconds behind Rusty! It's just that he made the turn at the end of the straight and I didn't. Details...  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :cry:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
National GTG 2004
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 01:30:23 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"

As for dates, let's hear what everyone wants.

I vote for anything prior to mid-august.. the shizzle at my work starts to get crazy then... either that or in September like it was last year. Nice and cool, craziness will have died down somewhat.
MWJD?

Rian_Colorado

• Stock
National GTG 2004
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2004, 02:22:30 PM »
Some thoughts...

Since track time is the thing that always screws up the dates, someone should check availability. That could give a start to possible dates.

Also, since it's been mentioned as the Clubb5 Nat. GTG, maybe it should be posted AT CB5 to get input from all of those who might be traveling to the area and see what dates work for them as well?

Chas, spoken to Dave or Boris lately? don't have any clue what either of them are up to, and Dave is usually a pretty valuable resource around a track... :) (as is Boris near beer or food)

lastly, Itinerary? I know this comes up every time, but the "what drive" and "Where to eat / meet" tend to be the sticking points, any ideas / input? Any interest in doing Vail or Steamboat overnight?.....Personal opinion, but I'd like to stay away from Trailridge for the drive, just too damn crowded.
55 MPH, slow enough to make you THINK you're safe, fast enough to kill you"

Boris

• Stock
National GTG 2004
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2004, 11:57:21 PM »
I am open to anything. You can reach me at 720-480-8736. I have not heard from Dave since the last year GTG and don't have his #.
[size=28]REMEMBER!!!![/size]   Where you go, there you are
Living life of crime ain't no fun. It ought to be OUTLAWed!

soco42063

• n00balicious
National GTG 2004
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 04:06:43 AM »
I am new and confused but all for any GTG. Something in Denver around August is all I have gathered, I'll just watch for a set date lmao.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 11:49:24 AM »
Quote from: "soco42063"
I am new and confused but all for any GTG. Something in Denver around August is all I have gathered, I'll just watch for a set date lmao.

hehehe, confused, hehe.  we will most likely do something in August, but the dates will most likely be decided in the next couple of months once we figure out what works best for everyone, so do keep your eyes on this thread.  As time gets closer to the event, this thread will grow and grow, so read frequently so you are not so confused :)

Boris, good to see you around, hope to see you again sometime soon

cheers
jon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 06:48:10 PM »
Well I just checked the SCR schedule, which can be found HERE, and it looks like currently, the following dates are open:

Fortunbately, at this point, it appears to be open on Fridays and Mondays all through August and September.

So unless we wanted to go on a weekend day, we should be open as far as track day scheduling.

As always, this can change quickly, so as soon as we decide, we need to jump on the reservation pf the day we want for this...

Winston

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 03:53:53 PM »
Here's another option as well:

I just met the PR/Media guy with Bandemere. Said that alot of clubs rent the whole place starting at $1200 flat. They use the strip for either dragging or slalom and the upper pit area (approx. 1/4mi. x 450') for circuit. BMW, Corvette and SCCA do this.

Something we may want to look at. I gave him our club card and he gave me his, I've got all the contact numbers and they're sending me info on it all.

Also, if it's an open day: $30 a car. For Dub-In, they're setting up the slalom.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 02:02:57 PM »
Of course I'm in for this, but there will be a couple/few times I'll be out of town for work this summer.  I know I'll be gone July 6th through the 10th, and June 17th through the 20th.  Everything else is up in the air, as work is my first priority.  However, this GTG is a very close second. :)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
National GTG 2004
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 02:13:20 PM »
Hey all :)  Count on me to be there for sure guys...I won't be in a B5, but it will still be a VW, of course.  I'll still be welcome, no?  I'll help in any way I can, also... :thumsbup:

~w

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
National GTG 2004
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 02:16:50 PM »
Oh yeah, put me down for some arrangement duties, too.  Maybe with track reservations, canopies, grub, drink, whateva.  How do people feel about doing the track day in Pueblo?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
National GTG 2004
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 03:41:57 PM »
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"
Hey all :)  Count on me to be there for sure guys...I won't be in a B5, but it will still be a VW, of course.  I'll still be welcome, no?  I'll help in any way I can, also... :thumsbup:

~w

Wendy, you are definitely welcome...I'd even say almost expected to come!  You can even come in a Honda.

Pat, I think it would be great if you wanted to plan the track event.  You did a great job getting this set up last year.  I will, of course, help any way I can.

We need to decide if we would prefer Pueblo or to go with SCR again.  I really like the convenience of SCR, but don't know enough about Pueblo to say whether or not it would be worth the 2 hour drive to get there.