Author Topic: I'm moving  (Read 2386 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
I'm moving
« on: December 10, 2008, 01:12:31 AM »
So I'm moving.  Not sure what weekend I will do the big stuff, but I'm moving up to Louisville.  I'm thinking of moving the big stuff on sunday the 21st.  But I might move on the weekend of the 27th or 3rd depending on when I can get help and moving vehicle.

I'm not buying, I considered it, but moving close to work (5miles) so I don't have to do the 40 mile commute every morning and evening.  Plus this apartment has an attached garage. 

The only thing I really need help with is my safe, it is big and heavy (68x30x30 inches and ~500lb).  Does anyone have (or have access to) one of those dollies that have the motor stair climber/descender?  If anyone is able to help me get some of the heavy and/or big items that are 2 person, please let me know. 
Life's too short to be taken seriously

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: I'm moving
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:36:46 PM »
I don't have access to a dolly that big, but if you set a specific day, I would be happy to help with the move, I still work some sundays, but I am free most Friday and Saturdays.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:36:46 PM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 08:50:26 PM »
I should be around, and am willing to help... But I don't think I want to help with a 500 lb safe!?! Have some plans over the Holidays, but let me know when you will be moving for sure.

Jonathan

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »
So I am moving Sunday the 21st.  I have a few friends that said they would be there.  I am not 100% sure at the start time, but I am thinking 9am to 11am for loading up the trailer.  If it takes that long.  I don't really have that much to move since I live in an apartment.

Anyone that can help will be much appreciated.  I'm a good mover, I get everything packed and ready.  If it is not packed, it doesn't move that day.

Things that are clearly not a 1 person job:
bed, dresser, couch (2 seater), TV, kitchen table (4x4 - small), lower tool box section, upper tool box section, a couple shelving units.... oh and the safe.

Honestly, all my stuff is small and light, except for the safe.  Everything else is easily a 2 person job.  I was thinking the safe is probably a 4 person job to be safe  ;).

FYI, I got the safe up to my 3rd floor apartment by myself.  I had my little pixie of a gf man the bottom to just help stop it from rocking while getting it over each step... but I had one of those stair crawler deals. 

JOnathon and Jon if you guys can make it great.  If you can't don't stress, moving is a PITA and I know it is the last thing anybody wants to do.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »
sorry Jack, but I work the night of the 21st :(...so I have to sleep as that is the first of 3 nights in a row, so I have to get my sleep that day.

I feel bad I am not going to be able to help....good luck with the move.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »
I will look at my schedule, but I think I can help that day :) I usually just go to church Sunday AM's, I will just have to pray for our backs before we move ;) hehe  Talk to you soon.

Jonathan

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 05:54:22 PM »
Sweet... well let me know.  Thanks Jonathon.  BTW, a lot of people at my work see chiropractors... you need to hook me up with some cards so I can pass thema round.  You're in the broomfield area right?

If you want to just throw 10ish into an envelope and mail them to me at work I'll pass them around.

Sound Surgical Technologies
Attn: Jack Ham
357 S. McCaslin Blvd. Suite 100
Louisville, CO 80027

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 07:48:52 PM »
I am in gunbarrel, which isn't too far away, be glad to send you some cards :) Thanks for offering to pass them out! Talk to you soon.

Jonathan

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »
Sorry, but I have a christmas party to attend on the 21st.  That said, I do have an appliance dolly (no motarized lifting, but it does have rollers which help it up the stairs.  you are welcome to borrow it if you like.

I wont be using it all week so you can feel free to come get it any time.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 02:54:39 AM »
I was going find a place to rent one.. If I can borrow it I would be ecstatic.  Sent you a PM, Depending on where you live maybe get it tomorrow or Friday.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »
youve got PM back.  I am up north and east of town.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the furniture dolly andrew.   

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »
Thanks for the furniture dolly andrew.   

no problem at all.  good luck with the move.