Author Topic: Worst fears confirmed...  (Read 7709 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2004, 12:27:23 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
True...True...

I found out that some aspecs of our company's service are going to India.  Not a popular decision, let me tell you.  Look at the whole Dell business tech support fiasco!  I have expiereinced that first hand many times.  Nice people, but it was not a good setup.

Me too but with Earthlink.  I never got anything resolved.  They were very nice and pleasant, but that was not why I was calling.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2004, 01:33:11 PM »
The control arms were ordered today and should arrive by Friday.  Sounds like they will be sent directly from CPP, cool.  Damage came to $568.00 incld. 2nd day shipping.

Since this is being paid for using my debt card(daily charge limit), I will order the tie rods tomorrow.  I am credit card free and plan to stay that way.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2004, 01:33:11 PM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2004, 02:10:18 PM »
Thats the way I am, credit card free for most my mods.

I do have a small CC with USAA, but its nothing major to do any damage with, so Ill have to wait until I get paid.  Who did you talk to when you ordered through ND?  Still, $560 and change isnt all that bad for such a great looking product.  Let us know what they all look like when you get them in.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2004, 02:44:50 PM »
Quote from: "Scuba2001"
Thats the way I am, credit card free for most my mods.

I do have a small CC with USAA, but its nothing major to do any damage with, so Ill have to wait until I get paid.  Who did you talk to when you ordered through ND?  Still, $560 and change isnt all that bad for such a great looking product.  Let us know what they all look like when you get them in.

A fellow USAA'er, cool.  If I may ask how do you affiliate with them?  I have the ability to access USAA via my father and his service in the Army.  I use them for auto/home and life.

As for the sales person at ND that I sopke to, I honestly did not remember his name, sorry.  Also I will post pics.

Scuba2001

• Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2004, 03:27:27 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
A fellow USAA'er, cool.  If I may ask how do you affiliate with them?

Same way you are actually.  My step dad is in the Navy Reserves, and since I was added to the insurance policy when I was 15, I have access to USAA stuff for life.  I have them for Credit and auto insurance.  Best rates and best service around as far as Im concerned.  The auto claim chics that I recently talked to sounded like a hottie.  But incase you didnt know.. First Data handles all of their credit customer service stuff.   :cool:

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2004, 04:31:28 PM »
Ditto, my dad was in the Navy.  They are great if you need to make a claim and if you have no claims you get a refund each year if they make a profit, which is great.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Scuba2001

• Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2004, 05:49:54 PM »
I just put up a feeler post on www.elitedubs.com and www.clubb5.com for anyone else who may be interested.  

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77244

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2004, 05:57:20 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Ditto, my dad was in the Navy.  They are great if you need to make a claim and if you have no claims you get a refund each year if they make a profit, which is great.

I am all about the refund!!!   :D  :thumbsup:

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2004, 12:47:35 PM »
Ordered the HD tie rods, bolt kit and Haynes manual this morning from ECS Tuning.  Should have everything by mid-next week.  Still enough time to do more research on getting this done with minimal trouble.

I just can't wait, I am really getting tired of the funky vibration that has plagued me since last summer.  I really think that this will remove that and I can run smooth and true.

Scuba2001

• Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2004, 12:04:45 PM »
Keep us posted on how you feel with the new control arms and tie rods.  The CPP Feeler is gaining interest so hopefully I can get a deal going on them through ND.

Steve

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2004, 08:55:12 PM »
Will do!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Worst fears confirmed...
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2004, 12:42:43 AM »
The control arms arrived today.   :D  :thumbsup: