Author Topic: more mini mods, BWW  (Read 2842 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
more mini mods, BWW
« on: April 08, 2004, 07:59:25 PM »
Started with my sun roof graphic, here are before and after shots

Then I made even more changes to the engine bay, I am not done yet, but it is getting close.  here are the before, middle and after shots. Originally I went red for contrast, then it started to bother me, so I sold my red stuff and got blue stuff, just installed today, I will be getting blue caps for the engine over time, but outside of that, I think I am done.  May paint something else, but I think I am happy with the few changes.  

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 08:15:13 PM »
Man you have been busy!

Looks great, now you just need it to stop raining go you can get it out of the garage.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 08:15:13 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 08:34:26 PM »
Nice work Jon!

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 08:43:28 PM »
WOW that looks awsome!
I would like to present you with the crown as the  Vinyl Graphic King.

How long did it take you to do the roof?

~Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 08:49:34 PM »
Roof only took 30 minutes, not sure I am totally happy with it, it was a custom job, and the material is different than most, so it is showing streaks, hopefully they will settle at the adhesive dries from under it.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:19:43 PM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"
WOW that looks awsome!
I would like to present you with the crown as the  Vinyl Graphic King.

Or the silicone hose man!  Both cars are beautiful.  Excellent job. Did changing the air box give you a noticeable performance boost?.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 10:48:45 PM »
lookin sweet.. the wife was thinking about a mini, but she ended up with a golf tdi, after seeing your mini i wish she had bought a mini instead.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 02:21:35 AM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
Did changing the air box give you a noticeable performance boost?.

only a slight in crease in power, mainly it  made the car sound real throaty...not ricey.  Greg got a ride with the intake and was impressed with the engine note.  i would bet about a 4-8hp gain, but that is about it...and when you are talking about 115hp stock, that is not much of a gain at all.  I just drive it real hard, it does OK, but mainly it is about looks with this car, that and driving the snot out of it through the corners.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I know this has nothing to do with VW or Audi, but it was fun for me and I want to share it with my buds. :rolleyes:

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
more mini mods, BWW
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 06:03:46 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
mainly it  made the car sound real throaty...not ricey.  Greg got a ride with the intake and was impressed with the engine note.  i would bet about a 4-8hp gain, but that is about it...and when you are talking about 115hp stock, that is not much of a gain at all.  I just drive it real hard, it does OK, but mainly it is about looks with this car, that and driving the snot out of it through the corners.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I know this has nothing to do with VW or Audi, but it was fun for me and I want to share it with my buds. :rolleyes:

The intake makes that 115 hp sound really meaty. I wish my MKIV sounded similar.
The mini does do ok for itself, its not fast but its a really cool car none the less. I was also very impressed with the interor quality and design its a really cool interior, and it corners like MAD!!  8)

~Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi