Author Topic: First Annual Albuquerque GTG May 14/15/16  (Read 40811 times)

Boris

• Stock
First Annual Albuquerque GTG May 14/15/16
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2004, 12:21:45 AM »
So what's the timetable for this trip? What time on Friday? Where we randezvous? Anyone?
[size=28]REMEMBER!!!![/size]   Where you go, there you are
Living life of crime ain't no fun. It ought to be OUTLAWed!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2004, 01:07:29 AM »
Well guys, I have to count myself out of this trip.  Our washer took a digger and I had to divert funds from the trip to replace the washer.  I really wish I could go and was looking forward to seeing you guys race and partake in all that is bar-b-que.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2004, 01:07:29 AM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2004, 01:13:40 AM »
Damn Dave, that sucks.  We're gonna miss you.
I'm not sure what time we're leaving.  How do you guys feel about getting out of Denver around 9:00?  That'd give traffic a little time to clear and still get us there before happy hour.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2004, 01:20:51 AM »
I probably won't be leaving till around 9:45 or so from Longmont, we will see how many patients I get scheduled for that morning ;) I didn't know we were planning on following each other, so don't worry about me if most want to leave earlier :)

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2004, 01:26:50 AM »
Hey Jonathan, I just threw out that time as an idea.  I'm still totally up in the air.  Just waiting to hear what the other's think.  I'd like to caravan, but it's really not a big deal either way.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »
Cool, would be more fun I think to caravan, but like I said, I am ok if most want to leave earlier too :)  I was thinking of getting a radar detector for the trip, but I just don't have the cash right now ;)  Evil evil tax nazis  :cry:  :evil:  :lol:

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2004, 01:32:03 AM »
Amanda may have a radar detector to bring.
-Chuck Patterson

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2004, 01:44:29 AM »
Here's a checklist for those bringing their cars to the track.  A couple good sites for anyone that thinks they'll track their car sometime.  I bookmarked them.
http://www.audipages.com/on_track/tracktips.html
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc9.shtml
-Chuck Patterson

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2004, 01:50:12 AM »
I have a radar that I wont be useing I just have to find the cigg lighter adapter, witch you are welcome to borrow.
Also rember if we caravan 2 way radios would also be a good idea. I also think that caravaning would be a ton of fun. From what I hear its about 5.5 hours to Albq. And if its going to be any thing like the COS drive it should take us about 5 hours or less. Just some thoughts.... :D

I cant wait.
Also I dont have a helmet, im not going to be driveing so its not a big deal but i assume that ill ride here and thare, so does anyone have a spare to loan?

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2004, 02:05:35 AM »
I can still provide at least 2 2-way radios, with one stipulation, I get them back.  I still have a Kenwood 2-way floating out there from another road trip we did a bit back!  I will bring them Saturday to Jon's garage day.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2004, 02:16:50 AM »
Stoke post! :)

-Chuck Patterson

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2004, 09:53:41 AM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"
From what I hear its about 5.5 hours to Albq. And if its going to be any thing like the COS drive it should take us about 5 hours or less. Just some thoughts.... :D
Greg

5.5 hrs is making damn good time, if you make under 5.5 with a group and traffic you are doing great.

My own experince...... watch for cops around Walsenberg, Trinidad and Raton.  The north side of Trinidad there is almost always a State boy and also on the south side of Raton.  You can flat out fly over Raton Pass on the Colorado side (great set of turns to rally).  The very top has the port of entry for trucks and there is a radar up htere to check truck speeds.  It will set your radar off.  Once past there you are usually good until you get to the bottom of the pass.  

Please head my advise...I saw a new beetle pass me just outside Trinidad and get nailed hard by the state boy.  I was doing around 90ish and she passed me doing at least 110.  Johnny did the median u turn and had dust flying chasing her down.

Have fun and becareful!

Rob

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2004, 01:28:32 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
Well guys, I have to count myself out of this trip.  Our washer took a digger and I had to divert funds from the trip to replace the washer.  I really wish I could go and was looking forward to seeing you guys race and partake in all that is bar-b-que.

Ohhh, Nooooo....

Sorry Dave.  Hopefully next time!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2004, 01:35:02 PM »
Oh yeah, Helmets!

I used to have a spare, but now I don't.  A motorcyle helmet is acceptable for this event.

I'm getting really excited.... :onfire:

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2004, 01:36:54 PM »
Rob's analysis of the speedtraps is excellent.  My wife got tagged in Walsenburg on our way up to the September GTG.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2004, 02:19:02 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty"
Oh yeah, Helmets!

I used to have a spare, but now I don't.  A motorcyle helmet is acceptable for this event.

I'm getting really excited.... :onfire:

My only motorcycle helmet got trashed last summer when I high sided the Ninja against a curb :(

Fugazi

Boris

• Stock
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2004, 11:39:46 PM »
9 am or whatever you agree to, but let's agree on something. Caravan is a must.

Incidentally, I have one radio still in my car from last year September drive. I don't know whose it is. I don't think it's Kenwood though. I'll check.

Boris

• Stock
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2004, 11:42:26 PM »
I am most likely getting V1 before we leave for this and the ND charity trip. I recently got $300 ticket on I-25, so I will shell the money to prevent the tax collectors from future revenue.

It may be interesting because I have 5/4 court date. I am not sure, but I may be very close to 12 points after all is said and done. Maybe I'll just postpone the court date as much as I can so not to lose my DL. Shit.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2004, 11:44:44 PM »
Boris, please check.  I believe it was from the Setpember drive.  If it is a silver Kenwood and you are sure it is not yours, then use it for this trip and I will take a look at it when everyone comes back to see if it is mine.

Ouch on the ticket, hope you are not at 12 points.

Boris

• Stock
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2004, 05:09:51 AM »
Well Valentine 1 is on the way.

I will check on the radio. It is silver and I know it's not mine.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2004, 01:19:22 AM »
Guess what boys and girls.... Only 12 more days!  Its geting harder and harder to drag my self to work every day. :D

Fugazi

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2004, 01:44:58 AM »
How about the Super 8 Motel- Rio Rancho ($41)
                     4100 Barbara Loop  Rio Rancho, NM 87124

or the Le Baron Courtyard and Suites ($43)
          2120 Menaul Blvd NE  Albuquerque, NM 87107

Are they farther away than the others you listed? Or not listed because they are horrible :P Was just curious :)

Jonathan

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2004, 01:58:07 AM »
hehe Or the Inn at Paradise ? Golf anyone?  :P Room rate there (at least listed on the website) is $59 a night for single occupancy.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2004, 12:45:40 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
How about the Super 8 Motel- Rio Rancho ($41)
4100 Barbara Loop Rio Rancho, NM 87124

or the Le Baron Courtyard and Suites ($43)
2120 Menaul Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87107

Are they farther away than the others you listed? Or not listed because they are horrible  Was just curious  

hehe Or the Inn at Paradise ? Golf anyone?  :P Room rate there (at least listed on the website) is $59 a night for single occupancy.

The ones I listed were because they were on the major freeway exits i.e. simple to find and get to/from.

The Inn at Paradise is like 5 minutes from my house.

The Super 8 on Barbara Loop is 10-15 minutes away, and a LONG way from the freeway.  You'd get off I-25 at Paseo Del Norte, then you'd drive almost to my house, then you'd head north another 10-15 minutes to get to Rio Rancho.

The Le Baron on Menaul would be 25-30 minutes from my house.

In order to get breakfast before we go (both Saturday and Sunday), we'll be getting up early, so I'd recommend someplace close.  The Inn at Paradise would be ideal.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2004, 12:55:14 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info :) were just ideas, I was surfing lastnight

Jonathan

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2004, 01:00:01 PM »
In order to get breakfast before we go (both Saturday and Sunday), we'll be getting up early...

The all-important FOOD POST:

Here's what I've come up with so far for food:

Friday evening - my place. I thought I'd cook burgers on the grill, or maybe chicken.  Let me know your preference.

Sat morning - Need to be at track by 7 AM, so breakfast at McDonalds (I40/Coors) at about 6:30 on the way to the track.

Sat Lunch - at the track, there is nothing.  We'll have to bring food or have someone go get something.

Sat Evening - I thought after the track time, we could all go to Kelly's Brew Pub for a round or two of beer.  The food is good, so we could eat there, too.

Sun Morning - I'm gonna cook y'all a good Tennessee breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and GRAVY - yum... gonna start cookin' at about 7.

Sun Lunch - the Oasis Cafe in Santa Fe - it will be the end of our mountain drive.

If you have other ideas please post!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2004, 01:01:24 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
Amanda may have a radar detector to bring.

Yep Pat I will bring mine for your car. Between that and the V1 hopefully it will help.. but whoever was talking about the airplanes this weekend.. it won't help us against that. Just K, Ka, and Laser..

I also have 3 radios I am bringing.

P.S. Rusty.. your plan sounds good. I'll volunteer to either go grab food for you guys or be the sandwich making bitch in the morning and bring coolers.. either way. Coolers with foodies and drinks are always nice to have at the track....
MWJD?

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2004, 01:04:30 PM »
Sounds awesome  :thumbsup:  And that is freaking early!  8O  So I am gonna find the closest reasonable place to your place as I can, unless I can find a nice tent and sleeping bag pads to borrow, then I can "camp" in your back yard if all spaces aren't claimed  :P  This is gonna be so fun!!   :onfire:

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2004, 01:05:54 PM »
In order to get breakfast before we go (both Saturday and Sunday), we'll be getting up early...

The all-important FOOD POST:

Here's what I've come up with so far for food:

Friday evening - my place. I thought I'd cook burgers on the grill, or maybe chicken.  Let me know your preference.

Sat morning - Need to be at track by 7 AM, so breakfast at McDonalds (I40/Coors) at about 6:30 on the way to the track.

Sat Lunch - at the track, there is nothing.  We'll have to bring food or have someone go get something.

Sat Evening - I thought after the track time, we could all go to Kelly's Brew Pub for a round or two of beer.  The food is good, so we could eat there, too.

Sun Morning - I'm gonna cook y'all a good Tennessee breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and GRAVY - yum... gonna start cookin' at about 7.

Sun Lunch - the Oasis Cafe in Santa Fe - it will be the end of our mountain drive.

If you have other ideas please post!

Alright, as far as Friday night...well, if it's on the grill I'll eat it.  I love both chicken and burgers.
This plan sounds really good.  I'm especially looking forward to a breakfast of bacon and eggs drowning in a trough of gravy!
Is there any good place near the track to get something for lunch or should be bring down a cooler and make sandwiches or something similar?
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2004, 01:09:14 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot to answer your question :P  I am in the same boat as Pat, burger, hotdogs, chicken, whatever on the grill is good for me :)  Will try and "clean up" my roomate's big cooler that has been sitting outside for a couple months  8O  so that I can bring it.

Jonathan