Author Topic: First Annual Albuquerque GTG May 14/15/16  (Read 41365 times)

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
First Annual Albuquerque GTG May 14/15/16
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2004, 01:56:06 PM »
Looks like everyone is thinking sammitches for the track.  Sounds good to me.

UPDATE on Track Day:

Wallace has revised his pricing structure because he lost $400 last track day.  I think a bunch of people must not have paid, 'cause there were plenty of cars there.  So instead of splitting the track fee up, he now charges a flat $70 per-car at the gate before you come in.

And *relief* from early-Saturday stuff.  Gates open at 8:00, so we get an extra hour of sleep!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2004, 02:31:04 PM »
I'm heading down to Albuquerque that day for a completely different reason. One of my favorite bands is coming over from the UK for the first time in twelve years and playing down there Friday night.

If you cats are thinking about a wagon train (albeit a very fast one) leaving early afternoon or if someone needs a ride I may have an open seat.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2004, 02:31:04 PM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2004, 03:25:27 PM »
Ill be bringing a pair of growlers for the cause, of the springs finest Bristol.
Ill also check the deep freze at my parents house I think that their is buffalo chuck in thier. MMMM... Buffalo burgers. :D

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2004, 11:42:57 PM »
Earlier I saw that there might be plans for some drag racing? Is that still on? I have never been timed on a track, was wondering how embarrassed I would get trying it ;)  I may have some beer left from our last party, should be decent stuff, will bring some if we still have it :)

Jonathan

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2004, 12:30:18 PM »
Yeah, Friday night!  The strip is open until midnight or so.  I thought after we eat and hang out a while, we'd head over there between 8 and 9.

My best time so far is a 16.91.  That's equivalent to high 15's-low 16's at sea level.  I'm counting on dropping at least a second off of that this time... I wanna break into the 15's.

Quarter-mile is FUN!!! I never had a very high opinion of it until I did it.  It's a whole 'nuther realm of racing, and can get very addicting.  It's amazing how much it takes (HP, TQ, car setup, and technique) just to make a fraction of a second difference.

OBTW, it's about 10 bucks entry fee.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2004, 12:48:09 PM »
Quote from: "UberGrrl"
...I'm planning to come down with Pat in his car.. don't think I'm bringing mine. But mayyybe I could be convinced....

Have you ever had your car on the track?

1) It's an experience!!!
2) well worth the $70 track fee.
3) Even if you only do a few laps. You don't have to bash your car all day (like I used to... I just couldn't get enough at first!)
4) I'll be happy to drive you around and show you the lines
5) and I'd be happy to ride along as an instructor.
6) And there's the dragstrip Friday night.  Wouldn't you love to launch at the "christmas tree" and hurtle your car down the quarter mile?  Just once, at least? Maybe you'll get lucky and nail a rabbit, like I did! Passat vs. Rabbit at ABQ Drags... wrong turn at Pismo Beach
7) Just think of all the experiences you're gonna miss if you don't bring your car...

These "convincings" go for everyone else who isn't bringing their car (Greg! :) ) - I think everyone who comes without a car is gonna wish they had one once we get to the track... :bigups:

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2004, 12:58:24 PM »
Edited 1st post for $70 track fee and misc other stuff.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2004, 12:59:58 PM »
Are all the cars that are coming going to be on the track?  Wallace (the organizer) would like an idea of how many cars are going to be there.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2004, 03:21:45 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty"

These "convincings" go for everyone else who isn't bringing their car (Greg! :) ) - I think everyone who comes without a car is gonna wish they had one once we get to the track... :bigups:

Next time for sure, cant bring my ride this time for 2 major reasons. 1. Bought a couple hundred bucks worth of plane tickets from albq to sedona.(non refundable)
2. To make it home from sedona in time for work on the next friday/ sat I would have to avrage about 120 mph or so, I dont have a problem with that but our fine law enforcement might. :D

Fugazi

Boris

• Stock
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2004, 04:45:26 AM »
OK, I am changing my Timing Belt, oil change, fuel filter change, and spark plugs change tomorrow. Chas is the laborer I am the suprvisor. Had to use some mafia style persuasion and called a favor from past (Chas' clutch adventure).

The Valentine will be here on Monday.

I don't care what food we have, so burger and chicken is good. Rusty I am sure you have grocery stores down there so we'll get the stuff on F or S.
[size=28]REMEMBER!!!![/size]   Where you go, there you are
Living life of crime ain't no fun. It ought to be OUTLAWed!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2004, 12:06:59 PM »
It sounds like we have a couple good options for times to leave Denver.  It sounds like everyone but Noob-Shum is up for leaving any time on Friday, so here's what I'm thinking.
A.  We leave Denver around 6:00 a.m. and drive straight to Alb.  This way we get there early afternoon and have some time to just chill with Rusty and Diedra before dinner and hitting the drag strip.  We'd also miss the peak of the Colorado Springs rush hour by doing this.  Of, if this is you early for some of you, we could just leave around 7:00 and bear the traffic.  This is my first choice.
B.  Leave around 11:00 and caravan with Noob-Shum.  He will likely work until 10:00 a.m., wich means he wouldn't be to Park Meadows until 10:45.  We would all be able to caravan if we did this, but wouldn't get there with any time to spare between dinner and the drag strip.
C.  Most of us could leave early, cruise down to the Sand Dunes, spend a couple hours there, then meet Noob-Shum on I-25 and caravan the rest of the way.
There is a chance Noob-Shum won't work that morning, in which case I think we should all leave early.  Let me know what you guys think.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2004, 12:16:23 PM »
Latest I will be working is 9:30, 9:45 ish, I will not let the gals schedule anyone later than 9:15 ish.  If I don't get more people scheduled by mid week, I am gonna cancel the day out completely, and plan on leaving earlier to NM.  If we can meet up, that would be cool, if not, I am ok with that too :)  Can't wait to get down there!!

Jonathan

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2004, 12:48:02 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty"

Have you ever had your car on the track?

1) It's an experience!!!
2) well worth the $70 track fee.
3) Even if you only do a few laps. You don't have to bash your car all day (like I used to... I just couldn't get enough at first!)
4) I'll be happy to drive you around and show you the lines
5) and I'd be happy to ride along as an instructor.
6) And there's the dragstrip Friday night.  Wouldn't you love to launch at the "christmas tree" and hurtle your car down the quarter mile?  Just once, at least? Maybe you'll get lucky and nail a rabbit, like I did! Passat vs. Rabbit at ABQ Drags... wrong turn at Pismo Beach
7) Just think of all the experiences you're gonna miss if you don't bring your car...

Grr.. yes I've tracked my car before.. hmmm....I am still leaning towards not bringing it.. initially I was just coming down for the ride and the company. I'll think about it some more.
MWJD?

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
...Of, if this is you early for some of you...

Already hittin' the brews, there, Pat? :lol:

Would be delighted for y'all to get here early afternoon.  Whatever time you get here is OK.

Current car count is 5:

Denver Pat
Boris
JokerUNM
Noob_Shum
JDawg

Is this correct?  All five cars on the Track Saturday?
(Edited to add JDawg 5/10)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2004, 03:17:33 PM »
I think I'm just along for the ride this time. I am sure I will take my car out to 2nd creek later this year.

And Pat- I'm fine with Plan A and leaving early.. as long as you don't mind me sleeping in the car for a little bit. :D
MWJD?

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2004, 03:25:02 PM »
Yes, I plan on hitting the track :)

Jonathan

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2004, 05:04:31 PM »
Im down for witch ever plan works best. Just rember to allot about 15 min to swing by and grab me in the springs. I live about 2 miles or less from the interstate. Also a note about the traffic in the springs rush hour wise. the only times that the traffic is really bad is about 8 in the morning heading south bound or at about 5 pm heading north bound. and thats only on certin sections of the interstate. so I wouldent worry about that too much.

Greg :D

Fugazi

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2004, 09:44:43 AM »
Greg - Not to doubt ya but try south bound I25 going into woodman at 7am or North bound I25 at fillmore around 4pm.  Both killer traffic!

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2004, 02:28:17 PM »
Those were the places that I was thinking of in my head I just dident convay them as clearly as I would have liked. Today will round out about 60 hours for this week so my brain dosent really work as well as should right now. 8O

Fugazi

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2004, 10:26:08 PM »
A couple of us were thinking maybe we should leave Denver around 6:00 a.m., drive the Pueblo track until noon, then head down to Alb.  Not sure if the track is available or not, but if it is how would you guys feel about that?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2004, 11:32:57 PM »
Im just along for the ride so im down for what ever.:D

Greg

Fugazi

Boris

• Stock
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2004, 12:04:55 AM »
What ever time you want. I'll just tag along.
[size=28]REMEMBER!!!![/size]   Where you go, there you are
Living life of crime ain't no fun. It ought to be OUTLAWed!

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2004, 06:16:24 AM »
Hey everyone,

I will be tracking this trip, so count me in too.  I am up for leaving at 6:00 with you guys.  Let me know the rest of the details
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2004, 08:33:20 AM »
A couple of us were thinking maybe we should leave Denver around 6:00 a.m., drive the Pueblo track until noon, then head down to Alb.  Not sure if the track is available or not, but if it is how would you guys feel about that?

Now I wish I could make it...I really want to drive the Pueblo track...let me know how it is.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2004, 05:54:43 PM »
...leave Denver around 6:00 a.m., drive the Pueblo track until noon, then head down to Alb...

And I thought I was a track junkie... :lol:

Quote from: "JDawg"
Hey everyone,

I will be tracking this trip, so count me in too. I am up for leaving at 6:00 with you guys. Let me know the rest of the details

Cool!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2004, 06:14:04 PM »
Alright, I'm making an executive decision.  We're all leaving from the Park Meadows Krispy Kreme parking lot this Friday morning at 6:30.  Of course, I will be there by 6:15 to partake in sugar-coated fatty fried dough. :)
We'll leave no later than 6:30 from KK and drive straight to Albuquerque.  Pueblo Motorsports Park is not looking like a good option Friday, since there will be vintage races there the following two days.  All of those guys will be practicing there Friday, so it'll be busy.
I'm guessing we'll arrive in Albuquerque sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 after a liesurly lunch.  That'll give us time to relax and get dinner ready before heading out to the drag strip.
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2004, 07:42:12 PM »
:cry:   Hmmmm Amanda, you are riding with him right ? Maybe I can bribe you to get out there a couple hours late so that we don't leave so early in the morning!  :P   I think I am going to cancel friday altogether, haven't been *that* busy (unfortunately) so I don't think it would be a big loss.  I am hoping to leave with you guys (if I can get my lazy ass out of bed that early!),  any idea on the address for this Krispy Kreme ?  I don't know my way around Denver very well, so will probably get directions from MapQuest.

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2004, 08:01:37 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
 any idea on the address for this Krispy Kreme ?  I don't know my way around Denver very well, so will probably get directions from MapQuest.

Jonathan

http://clients.mapquest.com/krispy/mqinterconnect?id=KK1076&streetaddress=7514%20E.%20Parkway%20Drive&city=Lone%20Tree&state=CO&zip=80124&country=US&level=9&phonenumber=303-649-9933&link=map2
7514 E. Parkway Drive
Lone Tree, CO 80124 US
Phone: 303-649-9933
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »
Ok, Friday officially cancelled, lets hope I can make it out of bed, and NOT fall asleep while driving  :P  :lol:

Jonathan

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2004, 08:41:14 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
:cry:   Hmmmm Amanda, you are riding with him right ? Maybe I can bribe you to get out there a couple hours late so that we don't leave so early in the morning!  :P  

Sorry dude, I'm at Pat's mercy... and besides I'm just along for the ride, so I get to drool on a pillow for a few hundred miles. ;) Or at least until Pat needs road head. ;)
MWJD?