Author Topic: esurance?  (Read 1536 times)

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
esurance?
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:51:36 AM »
Looking through various insurance quotes, esurance is about $60 a month lower than any of the competition. I'm wondering if anyone has used them in the past and what your experience was with filing a claim, receiving money, etc.

Thanks in advance!
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: esurance?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »
I haven't used them. I had a co-worker who used them for a little bit. He never had an accident, but while with them he was not happy with their rates and had some billing issues. This was a few years ago though. I think he, like myself, is now with Progressive.

I think my Bro-in-law still does insurance as an insurance broker. Which means he can shop around with your info and come back with the best deal. We did that and ended up saving a lot. If you'd like I can see if he still does this and if he does I will give you his contact info.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »
My ex was in a wreck with a person who had esurance. It was their fault (as cited by the authorities). When it came time to file the claim, Esurance said the other party dropped their insurance two months before. State Farm (our insurer at the time) dug in and found Esurance was flat out lying.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:53:46 AM »
State Farm is one of the best, if not the best, insurances for cars.  If you need a referral to get with them, let me know, I know 2 great agents.   They are pretty cheap, and great coverage.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »
This is fairly self evident, but be sure to check your coverage when you compare rates. I've found that often the cheaper insurance companies or insurance companies who will try to get you to change to get you the "best rate" will offer less coverage.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
I looked into Esurance a few years back.  Their pricing was good, but I didn't like the mandatory monthly electronic deductions part of it.  Insurance brokers are generally your best bet. 

The Johnson Group
720-579-0210, Bill Johnson
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:47:45 AM »
Thanks for all the great info guys! I might have to look into getting a broker.
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
FYi, my bro-in-law is no longer doing insurance, so sorry about that. But yeah, just find one, they will shop you around and let you know the deals they got. You're young so it will still be pricey, but they should be able to find you a better deal.