Author Topic: Stereo shop or speaker recommendations  (Read 1157 times)

scottvw

• Lightly Modded
Stereo shop or speaker recommendations
« on: January 13, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »
First off....I have searched Passatworld but haven't gotten a clear good answer....

I have a 2002 Passat with a Monsoon system in it.  I want to either get some replacement speakers for the front doors.  I haven't found a good alternative given the issues on the ohms and what not with the Monsoon system.

Does anyone have a reliable Car Audio place that they recommend to steer me in the right direction or have a speaker that the have used that will work?

Thanks,

Scott

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Stereo shop or speaker recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
Scott -

I don't have a good answer for you, but since the monsoon system was used in more than just the Passat it might be worth posting on the VWVortex RM forums. Since maybe some of the MKIV folks might have some input on that as well.

Unrelated, how have you been?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:32:37 PM »
call crutchfield, they can help you as they have worked this out in the past, they can help you find what works, then you can either get the speakers from them and do it yourself, or have a local place get them and install them for you.

www.crutchfield.com

scottvw

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »
Unrelated, how have you been?

Hey Jay...I've been good.  Unfortunately I dropped a valve in my beetle and I am in the process of rebuilding the top end of the motor.  The good news is that I bought a better set of heads and a new exhaust.  It will be stronger than before.

Small world deal, but I hooked up with an old neighbor of mine from Atlanta via Facebook.  I went by to see him this past Sunday and he recognized the rmcb5.com sticker on my quarter window.  He worked with your wife and remembered her driving your car to work.  His name is Joey Hardwick.  RMCB5.com....worldwide baby.

Scott

Thanks on the Crutchfield recommendation.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:56 PM »
Ha, that's crazy. We may not put on big shows, our pimp our name every chance we get, but we're known. ;)