Author Topic: Best place to get a steering wheel?  (Read 1629 times)

Scuba2001

• Modded
Best place to get a steering wheel?
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:24:25 PM »
Hey all, thought I would bust out some of my new projects here.  Some of the other sites are too high profile to annouce this but I need some help locating an R32 steering wheel on the cheap.  I have already acquired a 3 spoke airbag, but its in pretty bad shape.  Looks like it was dropped in some pavement, and the VW badge on the bag s all scratched up.

So, here's my delemnia

#1 - where can I get a VW sticker with the OE chrome/black colors on the cheap
#2 - Ive checked parts4vws.com, Vortex, ECSTuning and some other places and they all want $320-400.  Is there anywhere else that I can check to see about getting a new, or slightly used (but good condition) R32 leather (black leather, black stitch) for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Steve

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 01:33:38 PM »
Maybe check with Tim Hayes with Liberty Imports in Chicago.  He may be able to order something at a discount.  You remember his screen name, Blownaway, I am sure he might have a resource for you.  Either that or concatc the people at www.drewparts.com directly and see what discount they can run, I believe they offer a 10-15% discount on all parts if you enter clubb5 into their coupon field.

Let us know what you find out
cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 01:33:38 PM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 01:40:42 PM »
Ohh, totally forgot about Tim and DrewParts.  Ill email DrewParts and see what they can do.  And, I think they offer a 20% discount iirc.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 09:24:44 PM »
I prefer the service from Tim and his parts crew over Drew.  And yes the Drew deal is 20% as well as I think Liberty is the same and sometimes better.

Good luck.  Does the new project include the R32 seats?  I sat in one last week and those are very nice!

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 10:24:38 PM »
I would love to have R32 seats in the car, but I would like to have airbags in the seats.  We will see.

Emailed DrewParts.  List price for them is $564.75, and discount price is $451.80.  I guess I will stick with parts4vws.com

Thanks