Author Topic: Get Dyno'd  (Read 2673 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Get Dyno'd
« on: March 26, 2004, 05:27:43 PM »
In talking with the Carson, the guy selling the Cup 3's, he informed me that he's friends with the guys down at Mac Autosports in Parker.
They have AWD dyno capability and it's only $65.
They drive it onto the dyno for you and you do the actual driver seat testing.
FYI...

(They have FWD testing naturally)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »
Sweet we need to get Pat and Jon out there.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Get Dyno'd
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 06:08:03 PM »
I want to play too that sounds like a blast. we need to set up a dyno day :D
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 08:50:54 PM »
oooohhhh, that might be real interesting now!!!

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 11:22:42 PM »
Hm, well since that's literally just down the street from me maybe I can talk the wife into having a BBQ at our house one afternoon before we all head down for a Dyno testing.  I know I'd be interested is seeing how well my '04 does with the APR chip in it on paper.

Let me know how much interest there is and when would be a good time for it.  Of course if we had a bunch of B5's down at their shop we may need to schedule a few hours with them ahead of time.
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 11:25:11 PM »
I personally would have no befefit to running a dyno on my car (stock engine), it would be neat to see one in action.  I would like to see some of the guys see what they run as well as grub.  Thanks for the offer, I hope it pans out.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 12:11:32 AM »
The Audi guys will likely set one up in a month or two.  They had one two months ago and it was something like $50 ro $60 for three runs.  Everyone had a pretty good time from what I heard.  I missed it due to skiing, though.  I'll likely hit the next one.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 09:24:26 PM »
I'm in, I need to test the affects of my new intake vs. the stock setup. I'm interested in my numbers since I have had others mention my Wett chip pulls harder then most????? :cool:
att

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 09:36:27 PM »
Quote from: "BlackA4"
I'm in, I need to test the affects of my new intake vs. the stock setup. I'm interested in my numbers since I have had others mention my Wett chip pulls harder then most????? :cool:

Yeah, I thought your car was pretty fast, too.  Hey, what's up with the custom air box/carbon fiber thing?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 09:34:02 PM »
I will be making two this weekend. One for you to make a carbon fiber replica of and one to send to another guy.  Sound good?
att

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 10:46:33 PM »
Ehhhhhxcelent.
-Chuck Patterson

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 12:37:26 AM »
I will keep this in mind.. Wouldn't mind a current dyno plot of my ghetto pathetic  ride.

Chas

• Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 04:25:04 AM »
That sounds like fun! I haven't done one for several years. Back then I got 178.2 WHP and 226.2 WTq. It would be fun to see what the old slug is doing these days. I would hope to see better numbers than the old ones, but it wouldn't suprise me to see less either.  :cry:  :oops:  :cool:  :D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 03:44:51 PM »
I'm in as soon as I get my Garret instaled...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Vanimaniac

• Stock
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 03:57:20 AM »
I went to the dyno day in Jan. The numbers I felt were ridiculously high. Guess cause they use correction factor of 1.21 even for turbo'd cars. I dynod at 194 to the wheels with just chip and exhaust. I don't think it should be that high.

As a matter of fact, a friend of mine dyno'd his stock '03 1.8T GTI there today (4-10-04) and pulled 191 to the wheels!!!!  8O STOCK. I didn't realize that VW's come 200+HP on the 1.8T :?  That dyno is only worth checking your before and after mods in my opinion.  :(
here are three kinds of people, those that can count and those that can't.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Get Dyno'd
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2004, 01:15:12 PM »
Quote from: "Vanimaniac"
I went to the dyno day in Jan. The numbers I felt were ridiculously high. Guess cause they use correction factor of 1.21 even for turbo'd cars. I dynod at 194 to the wheels with just chip and exhaust. I don't think it should be that high.

As a matter of fact, a friend of mine dyno'd his stock '03 1.8T GTI there today (4-10-04) and pulled 191 to the wheels!!!!  8O STOCK. I didn't realize that VW's come 200+HP on the 1.8T :?  That dyno is only worth checking your before and after mods in my opinion.  :(

did you ask them for the non-corrected plots? the facter of 1.21 seems very high, especially for a 2 wheel drive car. 1.21 might be a good correction factor for  a 4-wheel drive non-turbo car at altitude. what brand of dyno is this? was it a 4-wheel dyno that the operator switches to 2-wheel for certain sessions?