Author Topic: on the road with you  (Read 2109 times)

jim

• n00balicious
on the road with you
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:17:01 AM »
I'm thrilled to see some local support and comraderie for us B5 owners.  I 'garaged' a road bike today, so have been searching around for replacement roof rack (right side only) for my 2001 passat wagon.  Are there any good yards in the Denver area for parts?  Looking forward to keeping up with the rest of you.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
on the road with you
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 02:26:29 AM »
Jim, welcome...and so sorry to hear about the bike incident.  I did that once with my Pathfinder...way too tired after a drive home from Moab...completely unaware of the bikes on top, it was bad news for the top of the car :oops:

There are not many yards in the area, best thing to do is just get out your phone book and start calling around.  There is one in Denver, but when we were there as a group over a year ago, I was not impressed....but you never know, they may have something that just came in.

If you find a good resource, make sure to let us know, there are many, many people that could benefit from a great used parts dealer in the area.

Hope to meet you soon, keep an eye on the GTG section, and it is awesome to see another Variant in the group...you join the ranks of Madigan and MattyB, both beautiful rides...and me, but my wagon is a tad different.

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

on the road with you
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 02:26:29 AM »

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
on the road with you
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 01:23:08 PM »
Hi Jim, and welcome to the wonderful world of RMCB5.com. Sorry about your car, and your bike...ugh. Hope you get your car all fixed up and that we'll see you at a GTG soon.
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
on the road with you
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:03:09 PM »
Hey Jim,

I have aused Central Foreign (South of Brighton & I-70) before for parts.  They are foreign only and have had several parts I was looking for in the past.  I just got a windshield there for $85 before tax.

www.centralforeign.com

Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.