Discussion Forums > Maintenance

Vibration in D and R when stopped Passat 1.8t

(1/3) > >>

lupo_gti:
Hi all,

just a member since last week and already a problem with my Passat GLS 1.8T 2003.

I am experience vibrations when I am at a stoplight or have my brakes applied when in D or R. I had my front axles replaced last month and since then I am experiencing vibration in the car when at stop in D and R. My first thought where motor mounts. So I took the car back to the repair shop which installed my axles and they couldn't find anything wrong with the car, but they remounted the front motor mount, but nothing changed. After driving for two weeks and still experiencing the vibration I took the car back again to the shop to let them check the car again also the front axles which they installed. But no result, and still the annoying vibration in D and R at stop.

Last week I drove to Denver and when acceleration on the interstate I also expericed vibrations at full acceleration in 2nd gear between 5000 and 6500 rpms. So this time I took the car to my local VW dealership here in Boulder, they checked again my car and told me, nothing is wrong with it (they did not charge my anything, which was nice) but they also felt the vibrations in D and R (so something I wrong with my car). I also had a chance to drive another Passat 2003 1.8t they had on the lot which was fine in D and R.

What should I do? Do you think I should change my front axeles, perhaps the repair shop just installed some cheap aftermarket axles which are bad? Did anyone had similar problems with their Passats? Do you know any good repair shops in the Denver area?

Thanks a lot

gragravar:
go see Randy and Todd at Autobahn Premier Service.  The'll be able to give your car a once over to figure out where your vibration is coming from.

my bet is on a motor or transmission mount.

303-935-9065

http://www.autobahnpremierservice.com/

masterqi:

--- Quote from: lupo_gti on February 09, 2009, 05:06:18 PM ---I took the car to my local VW dealership here in Boulder, they checked again my car and told me, nothing is wrong with it

--- End quote ---

Assuming that's Gebhardt, I wouldn't trust them to tell me what time it is, much less muck about with my car! Of course, the same can be same for most VW dealerships here in Colorado (sadly).

Another vote for Randy: best of luck!

TurboDub:
I had a similar issue with my 99 Passat 1.8t...unfortunately it eventually turned out to need a full transmission replacement (under warranty -thankfully!)

Initially it was a vibration whenever I was stopped at a light etc. Almost like the car was straining to roll forward even though I had my foot on the brakes.

The dealer drained the tranny fluid and called me immediately to tell me the fluid was a mess and that I needed a new transmission. My car had about 50k on it when all this went down...hopefully your issue isn't quite this serious!

+1 for calling Randy about this!

lupo_gti:
Thanks for all the quick replies. Thanks for recommending me Autobahn Premier Service. I scheduled an appointment for this week. I'll let you know when I have the results.

Does anyone know a good shop around Boulder?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version