Author Topic: New to this site, but not the community......  (Read 2694 times)

JrAdrock

• n00balicious
New to this site, but not the community......
« on: March 05, 2009, 07:49:55 AM »
I have been in and out of the VW/Audi community for a few years now. Did a lot of work for the "L" word as far as VW's and Audi's go (both his and customers cars). Helped with some of the Bug-In's and VW's on the Green events. For those of you that know who the "L" is, you can probably guess that I had a falling out with him as everyone does >:(. I have stayed away from all events and GTG's to avoid him. I miss the fun drives and the GTG's and hope that this is an "L" free zone.

Enough about that....

I have had a few different VW's and Audi's. I had a wonderful metallic blue 1989 GTi 16v. The funnest car I ever owned. I sold that for a Silver 2001 GTi 1.8t. Had a down payment on that car before it even left Germany. One of the last MKIV's from Wolfsburg. Great car, but could never hold a candle to my '89. My buddy totaled the car on Christmas eve of 2005. Then I bought a White 1990 Jetta GLi 2.0 16v. That was a fun car too, and it was fast for what it was. I started to slowly rebuild the car, but ended up selling it. I bought my current car while I still had the GLi. Its an early 1999 Silver A4 1.8tqm. After going to Quattro, the only way I will go back to VW is for a second (enthusiast) car. We also have a Silver 2003 A4 1.8tqm.

Haven't done much to the Audi. Had Joel put a chip in it when I first got it. Had a stereo system put in as well. Just got my hands on some Koni yellows and Eibach springs for an awesome price. They are used, but still have life left in them. I need to clean them up a bit and install them. I am trying to get the boost gauge in as well. I need to find a pod to put it in. I need to find a boost leak that has been eluding me. Hopefully I can meet up with someone at a GTG with a Vag-Com for some data logging. The A/C clutch needs some major R&R and its about time for the timing belt again etc etc. I have basically slacked on this car. Dealing with the "L" made me lose interest for a long while in doing anything with my car. I am trying to get back into the swing.

That's my story, thanks for having me. I like to help as much as I can. I can do a lot of mechanic work, just need a place and tools to do it. If you need help, I will try my best to help you out.

Adam

TurboDub

• Modded
Re: New to this site, but not the community......
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »
Welcome Adam! I can understand how you feel about the quattro benefits vs FWD VW's- I recently went from AWD (Subaru) to FWD- I am having some trouble adapting to it- Still love my Vdub tho!

Hope to see you and the rest of the crew at a gtg soon (If I can make it out one of these days)

09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Welcome! :)

Jonathan

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:14:26 PM »
Hi Adam! I know the "L"  you speak of and thank you in advance for not going into details as we are very happy to be L free.

It's should almost be a sin to drive a Quattro as it is just such a nice experience. We have a detail clinic coming up in April, check out the GTG forums. I'm sure there will be some detail and garage days this year. hopefully some drives, we've slacked a little in that regard.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »
+1 on the L free zone :)

Welcome to the club.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »
I dont think I know L.  I am quickly getting the feeling that that might not be a bad thing. 

anyway, welcome to the board.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
Im sure you know who it is ;)
He only seems to rear up about once a year, around this time for some reason...

Anyway, "Welcome Back" then Adam.

Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

JrAdrock

• n00balicious
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I might have meet some of you before at shows and events and I still talk to Casey Hansen every so often, so it would be good to see some people again. I would like to meet up for the detail GTG. I could stand to learn a little more about detailing. I had worked at a car wash when I was young and they started training me for the detail shop. I never got to the good stuff though, like high speed buff and clay bar etc. It will be fun.

BTW: You probably do know the one of which we do not speak. And we don't speak his name cause I swear he searches it to see what people are saying. Then he will threaten you with a gun and try to sue you for libel. Its probably best to ask about it at one of the GTG's. I am just glad this is a free zone. I think he pops up around this time every year, because its the beginning of the spring events and GTG's. He awakens from winter slumber hungry for fresh souls.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. It will be nice to be in the network again after about two years. Look forward to meeting up.

Adam
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:11:54 PM by JrAdrock »

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 03:04:22 AM »
Welcome!

Have any photos of your car?
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.