Author Topic: Howdy Folks, New Member  (Read 3174 times)

abe

• n00balicious
Howdy Folks, New Member
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
Hiya.  Just found this site (don't remember if it was a search or from another post somewhere) and thought I would introduce myself.

I purchased a 2008 S4 Avant two weeks ago and have been loving life ever since.  I joined the Audi Club North America, but I don't know if they are affiliated with regional clubs or not.  I haven't recevied any membership info yet.  Based on what I read about this site, this isn't just for B5 folks.  I am a B7 dude, so hope it's OK that I joined up.   ;)

Anyway, no intro thread is worth anything without a few pictures.  Here's a couple when I drove the car home from Oregon:

Had them mount winter tires, you can see the summer tires in the back there.

Spent the night in Twin Falls, here's a front shot of the car.  You can see my son in back:

My son says "TWO THUMBS UP".  He loves the car, as do I:

Now that the intro is over, I have a question.  I was about to order a fair amount of detailing supplies online as I haven't been satisfied with the apparent quality of items in my local Advance or Auto Zone.  Are there any shops that sell the high-end stuff?

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Re: Howdy Folks, New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »
Did you read the fine print in the registration agreement that the first existing member to welcome you to the club gets to drive your car.  I'll be at PPIR next Saturday - that'll suffice ;) :D

Just kidding - that's a great looking car.  And, yah, I've never owned a B5, currently own a MKIV VW, D2 A8, and a Toyota Tocoma, so, WELCOME!
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »

abe

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »
There's a get-together next Saturday?  Is the announcement around here?  What's PPIR stand for?

Tell you what, I'll let you park next to it.  But not TOO close.  Don't want door dings!   :P

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:45:46 AM »
hey! Welcome to the club. Nice to have another Audi around. I moved up to Montana so don't get around much anymore :P I drive a B6 A4
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:36 AM »
welcome to the board. dont worry about the B5 in the name. we started there but many of us have moved on from our B5s and have just found it an awesome board so continue to stay.  we have all kinds of cars represented here.

Anyway, nice looking S4.

Oh and PPIR is Pikes Peak International Raceway.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

abe

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 02:33:34 AM »
Ahhh, so, no get together on Saturday.  Oh well.  :)

I know there's a Euro event next Sunday, but my kids are starting flag football.  I probably won't make it out.  :(

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 03:28:08 AM »
They go on at least all Summer, so keep watching.

abe

• n00balicious
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
Will do!  I'm truly excited about the car and the brand and I want to become one of those icky-know-it-all types about Audi.

Well, maybe not icky.  ;)

I need to post a WTB.  I need another set of RS4 rims for my summer tires.  They say it might snow tomorrow but the roads are so darn hot it's not going to be any fun.  :(

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:27:32 AM »
Welcome! beautiful S4, avants ftw!
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »
Gorgeous car!! And welcome to the club! :)

Jonathan

abe

• n00balicious
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »
So when are we gettin together??  :)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 01:07:05 AM »
We have a detail day in a couple weeks, that is our first scheduled GTG. Most of my freedom is on the weekends, but after this weekend I am pretty much off the schedule until mid may. Though I have to see how things go over the next two weeks.

Lets get another thread going with some input on some more GTG plans.