Author Topic: dropped the A4 at SVE this morning... going under the knife after bumper damage  (Read 889 times)

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
For those not on facebook, I attempted to rip the front bumper off my A4 doing a highly technical driving maneuver known as "backing out of the garage." I have an excuse: there was a crap-ton of snow outside the garage door. While giving some extra gas to push through, and at the same time turning as I normally do to back out, the car slipped and went a little farther left than planned.

My fender above the driver's front tire took a good dent, cracking the paint and exposing silver metal below. The worst damage came in the form of a bumper half attached, a rip in the middle just above the license plate, and a broken washer fluid line resulting in a bloodbath of blue liquid pouring from the car and melting snow as I stood there trying to grasp what just happened.

The lower spoiler flew clean off, landing centered on the garage floor, and suffering no damage (saved me $75 a new one would cost).

After hobbling the 3 blocks or so to SVE, they screwed the bumper back on temporarily so I could drive around. This morning I dropped the car off along with some lower grill mesh that has taken up space in my garage for about 3 years. Doing damage and getting repaired is no fun unless you can come away with some kind of upgrade. The mesh is minor but it'll have to do.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM