Author Topic: Everything is better with Bacon...  (Read 1806 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Everything is better with Bacon...
« on: April 05, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »
... or so I thought.  When I came across bacon chocolate in a cooking store (two things I love), I had to try it... and it was ridiculously expensive too, but the ingredients had to be a sure thing.  Applewood smoked bacon, a touch of some fancy salt and fancy milk chocolate....  well it sucked balls.  So bad that I would say I don't like it at all...

... but I think I'm going to get some Dove chocolate bars, some Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon and with a touch of my red lavarock salt I will see if I can make my own that is yummy.   Basically the chocolate is not good at all; its like it is semi-sweet chocolate.

Forgot to mention, it was $8 for this.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

RobD

• Modded
Re: Everything is better with Bacon...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »
I saw this chocolate on Food Channel about a two months ago.  The show made it sound pretty good and the reviews people gave it made me want to try it too. Then I saw it at Marczyk market on 17th but was too cheap to drop the coin on it.  IIRC I think it was 6.99 at Marczyks.  The guy at Marczyks said they make their own bacon chocolate brownies so next time their I'm going to try one of those.

On another food note, try the habanero white chedder cheese from Costo.  That hits on all 10 cylinders!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
I have tried a few different varieties of those bars (my ex was- probably still is a chocolate lover) and the bacon one is one of my least favorite. Some of the other ones are quite yummy... but I wouldn't pay $7 or $8 a bar for them myself.

Jonathan

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »
well, I wouldn't spend that normally... but it is bacon and chocolate, of course I'm going to try it at least once...

... what is funny is my friend and I choose to not spend $5 on a 2nd headlamp at REI garbage sale $10 minutes prior... yet we choose to spend $4 each on chocolate bacon.... it was amusing.  We don't regret our decision, but probably should have bought those headlamps.. esp since mine is 12 years old and the elastic is crap. 
Life's too short to be taken seriously

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »
I really live that chocolate.  Salty, sweet and a little smokey.
I also like the other flavors they make: Curry and milk chocolate, and Wasabi sesame and dark chocolate.  It's really good, but at $7/bar it's something I wouldn't buy all the time (then again I'm not a big chocolate eater).

I think now Marczyks sells a half bar portions.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Hey! I have that one too! It's gooooood. I married a chocolate buff so I have varieties and samples from all over the world.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner