Author Topic: Worked on my own car for a change  (Read 7302 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Re: Worked on my own car for a change
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
Randy, the bite is better than what?

All the others I have used so far.  Stock pads, Hawk HPS, PBR Ceramic, TRW and Textar.

I also agree with Josh, street pads for the street, race pads for the track.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
Normally I'd agree with you and Josh on that, but I have found at least one exception.  DS2500s are not considered street pads, and they are just fine on the street IMO.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »
Normally I'd agree with you and Josh on that, but I have found at least one exception.  DS2500s are not considered street pads, and they are just fine on the street IMO.

wow. didn't mean to stir anything up. NHMS is pretty easy on brakes compared to other places. So i think i will just stick with what i have for now. It works and still within my driving ability (w/ street tires). Maybe once i get better i will find the need for more pad than i have now.

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »
I do want to bring in the Jetta at some point so you can take a look at the suspension & steering. I just feel there needs to be some general tightening up.

Jason

Yeah, it's a year later.  :P  Randy, I'll send you an email and we can pick a day, etc.