Discussion Forums > Maintenance

Lucas Fuel Treatment

(1/4) > >>

Eric18T:
I was watching speedvision and i keep seeing ads for this Lucas Fuel Treatment. I have always used the Chevron Techtron injector cleaner/treatment.. But was wondering about this Lucas product. Anyone have any info on it? Their website doesn't say much.

Colorado_Baja:
I have never used an injctor cleaner, what are the recomended intervals that you should use an injector cleaner? Does anyone know.

~Greg

92UrS4:
I recommend the VW/Audi Autobahn injector cleaner.  You can get it for $3.20/bottle at Champagne motors and possibly from the dealerships as well.

I used Techron too and it seemed to work ok, but it also seems to cost a bit more.

You do need to watch what you use since not all additives are right for the car.  I guess a once a month cleaning of the injectors is really the way to go.

Eric18T:

--- Quote from: "gietl" ---I recommend the VW/Audi Autobahn injector cleaner.  You can get it for $3.20/bottle at Champagne motors and possibly from the dealerships as well.

I used Techron too and it seemed to work ok, but it also seems to cost a bit more.

You do need to watch what you use since not all additives are right for the car.  I guess a once a month cleaning of the injectors is really the way to go.
--- End quote ---

Maybe i will pick up some of that Autobahn product for the future. Is it compatable with deisel by chance?

I have been using the techtron for years and has always worked well. I ran it in my turbo mazda, turbo subie and my vw now and had good resluts. But if this other product is recommended by VW/Audi than i might just make the change. Where is Champagen motors?

Greg -  Every 5000-7500 miles or so is fine.  It might be worth picking up a cleaner some time since you have no idea when the previous owner did the maintnace.

Colorado_Baja:
:D Will do thanks for the info guys.

~Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version