Author Topic: I have a serious problem... oh well I'll fix it next week.  (Read 3577 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
So I haven't even had my Ducati for a year yet.  I'm bored with it.  It just isn't enough bike to keep me happy.  I love the looks, LOVE, it is great in the city, i love the sound and I'll admit it, I like the attention the brand gets.

Bored with the bike, test road a couple things.  MOnster 1100.. same as mine but faster.  Still not enough...

... but then I road the Triumph speed triple.  I think I'm in love.  power delivery is perfect, rev'y but good torque.  Ride is exactly what I'm looking for... sound and looks I prefer my current bike.  To me, I'm thinking I need to get over looks and sound and focus on what matters, ride.

With trade in on my bike I'm looking at about $4000.  I think I should do it.  What do you guys think.  Looks are fine on the triumph, just not as good as the duck. 

Ducati.

Bike i'm thinking of getting.  Same exhaust and everything as this, except mine would be flat black.

Basically I'm not crazy about the headlights.  Maybe painting them flat black would good...
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
Re: I have a serious problem... oh well I'll fix it next week.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:32:55 AM »
Personally, I like the looks of the Triumph better.  If you show it the same exterior love, then I think you have a winner!
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:32:55 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
The Triumph is a very nice bike, but do you really want to spend more money?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »
How much are you selling your monster for? 

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »
Personally I like the Speedy more, (I may have a bias since I have a Speed3).

Is it worth $4k more than you duc? .............................Not really. Find an older cheaper 1050 Speedy if that is what you want. Sell your bike seperate. You should be able to narrow that price gap significantly.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:03 PM »
Man, you have sooooooo many options here.

If it were me I'd wait until 5/22 when ducati introduces the new streetfighter and see what you think of that.

I like the looks of the duc (monster) better than the triumph, but the triumph represents a better value (performance/$).

Triumph does have a limited edition - anniversary version the speed triple available and that looks to be a sweet ride.

I guess I would say go ride them all and see what you like best.

Oh and like 03Indigo said, what do you want for the duc?

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »
On a side note:

I'm tired of seeing the same old, same old black on black street fighters.  Kinda the "I'm a rebel but I want to look like all the other rebels".

So much cooler to me to see some neat color on a bike with cool lines.

The Duc and the Speedy both have REALLY cool lines that are being hiden by the black on black look IMO.

If I were to buy a new 1050 Speedy, the orange one is dead sexy.  It sparkles in the sun NICE!!

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 11:47:58 PM »
Oh and like 03Indigo said, what do you want for the duc?

I get first dibs!!! ;D

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 01:36:42 AM »
Rode a 990 Super Duke, 1100 Monster, 675 Daytona and a 1050 Speed3. 

Super Duke, meh.  Not impressed at all.
1100 Monster - had termi system on it - really easy to ride, a little short, the most amazing sound I have every heard.... I can't even describe.
675 daytona, I liked this bike a lot, but decided I don't want a crotchrocket as my only bike... a 2nd bike YES!
1050 speed3... AMAZING.  The ride was perfect, insanely fast, very easy to manage, and fit was great.

I really like a naked bike in black... just my taste.  Makes it look mean, less sporty.  Why I want a 1100, Ducati name - it is lame, but I like how people that don't even know about bikes will be "oh, you have a ducati? nice".  Sound, and looks.  Realizing all matter helped.

Triumph, just not crazy about the headlights, but they are growing on me.  The ride is literally perfect for what I'm looking for... so I'm going to Triumph.

Why am I getting new, and trading mine in, etc... Erico is giving me bluebook for my duct... that is $7900.  I paid $8500 for it and it has 10,000miles.  The bike that I'm going to get has never been ridden, has the exhaust system and tune I would have done.   So as long as I get the deal they are saying they are going to give me... I'll be a triumph rider Tuesday. 

Cole, I agree the Orange is a great color, but I would get sick of it after a year or 2... black I won't ever get sick of.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
wow, thats a great trade in price on your duc. 

pics of the triumph once you get it

I am still waiting for this launch of the duc streetfighter.

I kinda also want to see this new BMW when it comes out:

Info on it from the dealer in Loveland:

BMW S1000RR is HERE!!

Today at 11:54am

Itís here!!
Itís been a while since I gave you an update, but thereís never been a better time than todayÖ

As I write this, Iím watching a streaming video of the press conference for
the S 1000 RR from the Monza World Superbike Race. Now that the bike has gone public, I can share some the key details with you. I have a 168 page document for Germany that lists all of the details, but Iíll try and hit the high points for you here. Iíve attached a spec sheet for you for further reference.

As we promised, the S 1000 RR redefines power, performance, and technology in the Superbike category. Itís 999cc in-line 4-Cylinder engine develops more power than any other superbike in production today. With 193 horses on tap, the S 1000 RR has at least 5hp more than any of its competitors. The engine is a marvel of modern engineering. Weighing only 132 lbs. complete, it features a Formula 1 derived valve train with extremely light cam followers and the shortest stroke in the category that allow it to rev at least 500 rpm higher than any of itís competitors

The S 1000 RR is also extremely lightweight at only 404 lbs. dry or 455 lbs. fully fueled with ABS. Only one bike in the segment (CBR 1000) is lighter in standard trim, but with ABS included the S 1000 RR is the lightest.

Speaking of ABS, the S 1000 RR is the first motorcycle in the world to be equipped with ďRace ABSĒ. Unlike other ABS systems that you turn off when you get to the race track, youíll want to turn this system on when you get there. This completely new 4-mode system (Rain, Sport, Race, Slick) optimizes braking response in any condition to allow virtually any rider to brake later and harder than they could with any other system.

The S 1000 RR is also available with Dynamic Traction Control. This system combines data from the throttle, wheel speed and bank angle sensors to deliver maximum acceleration while minimizing wheel-spin. This ensures maximum available acceleration in just about any situation while minimizing the risk of losing traction at a critical moment.

While Race ABS and DTC wonít change the laws of physics, working together these rider aids make the S 1000 RR the most user-friendly and rideable Superbike on the planet. Add the optional Gear Shift Assistant option and you have the most advanced Superbike available at any price.

From the pictures below you can see the unique styling of the S 1000 RR. Itís most distinctive feature is the ďsplit-faceĒ front fairing which features a massive central air intake and asymmetric headlights. These unique headlights were designed to evoke the look of classic endurance racers while minimizing weight and projecting a look a look thatís uniquely BMW.

Thereís a lot more to share about this amazing bike and weíll be sending you more detailed information shortly. In the meantime, we look forward to launching the bike at the Miller World Superbike race in Salt Lake City at the end of the month. That will mark the kick-off of our S 1000 RR marketing push and pre-sale campaign here in the US.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:04:52 PM by gragravar »
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »
that beamer looks nice.  Street fighters are trickling in.  A couple guys on the boards have already gotten one.  All have said it looks much better in person than the photos.

May 21 I think is the launch party for the street fighters.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
I really like a naked bike in black... just my taste.  Makes it look mean, less sporty. 

....and looks like a 1975 Hondamatic 750 from a distance.  ::)

Triumph, just not crazy about the headlights,

The most recognizable iconic streetfighter cult classic headlights on earth.

Cole, I agree the Orange is a great color, but I would get sick of it after a year or 2... black I won't ever get sick of.

I don't see the problem since you have had the Duc for less than a year and are tired of the whole bike ;)

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 02:37:39 PM »
Looks like it is happening... 2009 Triumph speed triple, flat black.  Guys called me and sounds like the deal is better than I was expecting it to be... this is nice.

IF it happens, photos tomorrow.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
I like the Bimmer.
The color looks like Mojave Brown Metallic used on their M5 and M6, which looks really unique and understated.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 02:51:44 PM »
Problem solved.  Wish I did test rides when I bought the duc... I just had my heart set on a monster.   I'm in love with the speed3... it is brilliant.

2009 Triumph Speed Triple, CRM exhaust (Chain Reaction), ecu flash and I have a tail chop on its way.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »
congrats on the new ride Jack!

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
Congrats Jack, they are / were both great lookin' bikes! Hope you like this one even more :)

I agree with Alan, that BMW sport bike looks pretty sweet!

Jonathan

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 12:45:53 AM »
bought it thrusday night, and already have 560 miles on it.  Here is a picture from this weekend.  Just outside Ward on peak to peak highway.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
sweet, glad you are out and riding it already!  looks great.