Author Topic: New to RMCB5  (Read 2569 times)

Passaton18s

• n00balicious
New to RMCB5
« on: April 11, 2004, 12:36:26 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  I discovered it while searching for headers for the 01 30V V6.  I know they are made for the 2.7 T like in the S4.  But wasn't sure about the 2.8.  Anyone here ever been to the other Passat page... ClubB5?  There is alot of tech. advice and tuner advice there also.  Most of the members there are from Cal. and NJ, but I've seen a few from Colorado.  One of the Site moderators here should give one of the site moderators there a post and maybe both sites could have a Big GTG somewhere.  I know they are always having Group Drives and BBQ's, they are also very active in VW Shows.  Well, looking forward to meeting everyone here. :D

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
New to RMCB5
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 01:30:42 AM »
First off welcome to RMCB5.com! As it says on the homepage we are all actually members of Clubb5.com that were so active as a local group we started this club as a sort of spinoff.

I'm glad you found both sites.  The first Clubb5.com National Get Togehter was here in Denver in 2002.  Hopefully it will be back here again this year.  Regardless, we will have our own since we have a number of members from neighboring states.

Keep an eye out, we have Garage Days and Get Togethers all the time.  Sometimes it's just for burgers and beers, other times it's doing major work like replacing timing belts on 6 cars at once.

We are set to have a GTG and a Garage Day at the end of this month so you should try and make it out.

One last thing, I am the site admin and we have 3 other moderators, 03Indigo, ColoradoB5 (who brought this idea together) and UberGrrl. If you have any problems with the site or any questions don't hesitate to send one of us a message.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

New to RMCB5
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 01:30:42 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
New to RMCB5
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 01:36:04 AM »
Welcome to the club.

Most of us are very active in www.clubb5.com, that is where we all got our start and met each other in years past.  we were so active that a local site, www.rmcb5.com, was created for more visibility for local Colorado and other rocky mountain region members to share info and joy for their rides.

There are plenty of GTG's in the works, and like Jay said, a national GTG for the late summer is in the works...it is a great time, track day, drives, bbq's photo shoots, etc.  Keep you eyes open and any help you would like to offer in the organizational efforts would be appreciated

Not sure about the 2.8 V6 heads, maybe you want to check with tuners such as www.ecstuning.com or www.newdimensions.com, they may have some leads for you as far as performance heads for the 2.8.  If you find out a great resource, be sure to share it with not only us, but with the folks over at www.clubb5.com

cheers
jon

Flippped

• Stock
New to RMCB5
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 12:58:55 PM »
I to am a member of ClubB5 that has found his way over to these boards as well. So Welcome to the club.  :thumbsup:
b]Larry[/b]

The 8 Banger

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
New to RMCB5
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 12:09:22 PM »
Hey welcome to the club!  CB5 member since 7/00.

Membership definitely has its privileges and 12,000 members have a lot of information, collectively.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.