Author Topic: Ghost Town Disc golf course near Central City  (Read 1915 times)

jfrahm

• Modded
Ghost Town Disc golf course near Central City
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:24:05 PM »
My friends and I hit the Ghost Town disc golf course over the 4th weekend.  It was a lot of fun and a really great location, particularly on days when it's hot down in Denver.

It is a pay course (but well worth it) either $3 for one round or $5 for two (not two people but two rounds) that straddles the Oh My God Road (Virginia Canyon road) at the town of Russell Gulch, a mile or so West of the Central City Parkway.

Reservations are required to play as the owner needs to be there and have the gate open.

http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=3021

The course is very technical with lots of out-of-bounds, trees, a bog, etc.  Very cool though and a fun day out.  There are some grills on the property, I do not know the rules regarding grilling but it'd be fun to play a round, cook out, and play another.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Re: Ghost Town Disc golf course near Central City
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »
Sounds awesome. I've heard of the course but never played it. Do you need high clearance to access?
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:47:50 PM »
I would not run the OMGRoad from Idaho Springs to Central in a lowered car, but a normal car with typical ground clearance should make it.  There are some rocky sections you'd have to pick your way through. 

West from Central City, the road is fine to Russell Gultch.  The rough parts of the OMGRoad are farther West, so if you were coming from Central City you should be fine.

I kinda don't recall if the driveway and parking at the Ghost Town course would be a problem but worst case you could park on the road near the gate and walk 100' or so.  I was in my 4runner so I was not concerned.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
Good to know. I'm car-sitting a friend's suby forrester, so would probably take that.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM