Author Topic: cheap quality parts?  (Read 1603 times)

English

• Lightly Modded
cheap quality parts?
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:01:06 PM »
hope everyone had a great 4th!!........i spent four days in hospital and the last two recovering, my car is stuck in Colorado Springs,that was the hospital i was in, used the wifes Allroad today and the drivers side CV is toast!.......all good fun eh?...

....anyway, i'm going to call Randy on monday as i don't feel upto doing it myself right now, but does anyone know the best place for parts online?....found one place and they quoted over $500.....bad timing right now.... ::)

as ever......thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:40:33 PM by English »
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: cheap quality parts?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
Randy should be competitive on the part prices.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
think i'll wait for him....thanks
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 12:32:54 AM »
That's the best plan. You don;t want to end up with something "cheap" that's going to fail sooner than later. Sorry to hear you were in teh hospital, I certainly hope all is well. If you need anything just hollar.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »
randy found the parts when my allroad cv's went. 

whats up with the hospital stay?  anything we can do to help?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »
thanks for the offer, much appriecated. It's an old chrohns disease thing i deal with.......been diagnosed for twelve years now, flairs up every couple of years bad enough for a hospital stay. They did'nt have to cut anything out this time round so thats a bonus.

trying to take it easy for a couple of days, feeling better than i did a week ago though. on the plus side....my friend chris (bald guy with the BMW gs when APS moved shop....also the guy who just purchased the RS6) drove my rover back from the springs.....followed by his friend in his new porshe Cayman S.....i got to drive it!....i'm on steriods right now and so is that car, bought a smile back to my face, well worth the price of lunch!

I'll keep you posted on me/allroad/RS6 progress and possibly get to a GTG one of these days!

thanks
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS