Author Topic: Greetings from Leipzig!  (Read 3499 times)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Greetings from Leipzig!
« on: February 15, 2003, 02:49:51 PM »
Hey guys!
Got into Konrad's place just a few hours ago.  It sounds like the 'Ring may be closed for 'Ring taxis, but we'll probably get to take the rental Opal Vectra GTS on it sometime next week.  This week we#ll spend in Berlin and Leipzig.   Haven't slept since 4 a.m. Friday.  Konrad is making us sausage and mustard with some local brews for dinner, then we're going to some bar.  Not sure if I'll post on this again, but I#ll try.
Saurkraut and moteren teknich meyer,
Pat
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 03:33:22 PM »
Guten Tag mein freund...I am very glad you made it there safely.  Hopefully you will get a chance to run the ring next week.  Dawn your lederhosen,  grab your stein, and umpah until the cats come home.

See ya in a few.

jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 03:33:22 PM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
<inv berlin
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 09:50:41 AM »
well, these f'n kezboard have a bunch of kezs mixed up.  äöü€
Weäll get an A8 4.2 on Thurs, a 318 on Fridaz and the <omega vectra gts for next week
gonna take a tour of Berlin in a few minutes.  This place reallz shows off itäs commie historz.  Going to the Brandenberg Gate and other stuff.
Got a five´star hotel for 190€ for two nights.  >Hell of a deal.  Plus, its onlz a block awaz from the Sex <museum.  Hell zeah.  I wonder if kthez allow photographz there....
Ein bierre, bite.
Ice
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rascal

• Stock
Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 01:46:39 PM »
You do realize that Germans have more keys on the keyboard and the 'z' and 'y' keys are switched?  If so, it appears you are ejoying the local world class BIER!  Have one for me.  Another one, I mean.

Enjoy your time!!  How do you like the Vectra?  I drove one on my last trip.  Felt like a tin can (euro version) and was too scared to over 110mph.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 02:00:07 PM »
Awesome Pat, I'm so jealous.  Have lots of fun and tell us how the bier is!

I hope you are taking a lot of pics!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Re: <inv berlin
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 06:55:15 PM »
Nice.. glad you made it there ok. I can't believe they allowed you in. Going through customs must have been a biatch! ;)
Have a few bierren for me, bitte..in fact, have several. I am still in need of a few. Maybe when you get back we can have a B5 Marchtoberfest and drink ourselves silly.

Have fun on the 'ring, and may you kick all our asses at the next track day. I expect a full report and pictures upon your return. ;)
MWJD?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Back in Leipyig
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 07:26:32 PM »
Sup zo
So the Vectra isnät going to happen.  <instead, zouäll be happz to know, weäre getting a Golf TDI.  Itäs cheaper and more efficient on the äBahn.  

So we drove the A8 4,2todaz.  270 kph on the Autobahn.  Zou do the math.

Weäre borrowing a friends 318 tomorrow to visit dresden and go to the tittz bar.  Hell zeah.  I canät wait to talk to those chicks in English and see how much thez can figure out.  It should be a real hoot.

Anzwaz, we leave Leipyig for Munich and Ingolstadt Sundaz.  Probablzl gonna check out the MTM shop, too.

Hopefullz weäll find Internet access in Munich.  If not, talk to zou in 10 dazs or so.
-Chuck Patterson

shummer

• Modded
Re: Back in Leipyig
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 07:38:29 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
270 kph on the Autobahn.

:shock: 168 mph! :shock:

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 08:03:36 PM »

Weäre borrowing a friends 318 tomorrow to visit dresden and go to the tittz bar.  Hell zeah.  I canät wait to talk to those chicks in English and see how much thez can figure out.  It should be a real hoot.

make sure to give us a play by play when you get back...just make sure they don't understand English before you start getting out of hand...or you will be headed for a smacked bottom....and not in a good way :oops:

Looking forward to stories when you return.....

Later
Jon

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 02:36:37 AM »
 270 kph on the Autobahn.  Zou do the math.

Holy Jesus, Ice P. I am so jealous. Who was driving? You or someone else? The 4.2 is one sweet-ass mothafuckin' car. I think we need to have a GTG in Germany this summer... I wanna drive the a-bahn. C470 will have to do for now.
MWJD?

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 11:55:25 AM »
Pat it sounds like you're having a good time so far!  We miss you and it will be good to get you home so we can hear some stories from Germany! :)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 04:55:38 PM »
well, we're now in Munich.  Last night Matt and I hung out at the Hofrauhaus and each had four liters.  Met some really cool people there we spoke with most of the night.
the strip club was amazing.  that was twice as good as the previous best one I'd been to.  Beatiful women.  there were probably ten patrons there and we made up four of them.  talked for quite a while with one of the strippers.  One of the people I was there with was a girl.  she got one of the strippers phone numbers and I think they're hooking up.  Man, she was smokin!
I was driving the 4.2
Topped out the 318 and the next day rented an Xtype.  that sucked.  Maxed that out, too.
the vectra gts didn't pan out.  Instead, we got a golf tdi for this week.  ridiculous torque.  maxed it.
the ring is fucking closed for the season.  not happy
tomorrow I'm going to tour bmw and the following day audi and mtm.
just saw a new tourag a few minutes ago.  saw the one factory where they build the phaeton in dresden.  all glass.  you can drive by and watch the assembly line.
excellent idea about the gtg here.  you guys would love it
-Chuck Patterson

Rascal

• Stock
Greetings from Leipzig!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 05:19:38 PM »
well, we're now in Munich.  Last night Matt and I hung out at the Hofrauhaus and each had four liters.

And she brought it to you all at once in one arm, correct?  :D Damn, I'm thirsty.  Well, it looks like you're getting around (with the cars I mean).  I'm expecting pictures when you get back. :)