Author Topic: Boycott Wolf Auto Group / Interstate Leasing & Sales  (Read 3428 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Boycott Wolf Auto Group / Interstate Leasing & Sales
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:03:29 AM »
It's sad that this kind of hate and ignorance still exists:
http://www.ProgressNowColorado.org/WolfAuto

Unfortunately the owner of Wolf Auto Group stands strongly behind this billboard and not willing to take it down anytime soon, dispite all of the complaints and outrage they have been receiving from the public. 
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Boycott Wolf Auto Group / Interstate Leasing & Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:15:26 AM »
Ah yes, I read about that bb today. Just so out of line and out of touch.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:15:26 AM »

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:24:11 AM »
Alan - I would expect something like this in the "offtopic" forums.

Jay - I would have thought you would have caught that rather than join the chorus.

I don't remember anyone from the left complaining when Bush was referred to as Hitler:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=612

Free speech as long as it is the left's speech.  (check out American Thinker website for more on that).  

I know what I am saying will get me labeled as a "neocon" or whatever the latest term is from you younger hipper "progressives" (most on this board).  Been there and "evolved". (I was one to protest Reagan back in the day but can still pull a smith grind!)

Alan - it is obvious you and I differ on our politics but we do see eye to eye on cars.  Let's keep this area devoted to cars and not politics.  I would be happy to take you (AND RANDY) out for drinks ON MY TAB to have more discussion on this and many more political topics.  What do you say?  Are you up for some mental jousting and good conversation?

Sincerely,
Rob

edited to add (AND RANDY)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:26:42 AM by RobD »

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
That's a scary website you got there...

50 ways to become blinded, broke, and afraid...in stores now :D

2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
Rob, why does someone have to be left or right? The billboard is in poor taste whether it said Obama is a terrorist or Bush is Hitler. It's just stupid.

It should be on OT so that's where it will go. Have fun with the thread but don't pass judgment on your peers because of your interpretation of a response.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
Jay it is a matter of HYPOCRISY. 

If passing judgement is a concern, read what is posted on the ProgressNow web site in reference to the billboard. 

"The "tea party" movement and the "birthers" are becoming more and more outrageous."   I guess grass roots movements are only ok when Nancy Pelosi or Acorn push for them?  When there is a ground swell of opposition to the current policies being implemented and people speak out against them, the left pull the Saul Alinsky approach and attack your opponent and minimize their words.

It is a matter of left and right.  No one spoke out about the the pictures I posted in the link above or the numerous effigies that were burnt over the years depicting Bush.  That's because they don't mind seeing that.  As soon as one stands out against "their" guy, it is a full on assult and screaming.  I personally dont mind either since the 1st Amendment protects it. 

Again, I am open to lively and spirited conversation over a beverage on my tab if you, Alan, Randy or any other person would like to get together.

Rob

PS - Alan Not that I've made it before, but will this exclude me from any "Holiday" party GTG at your pad?  :)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
Rob, I am in!  You obviously know where I stand but I do not feel this site and it's forums are the place for political debate.

I have nothing against free speech and will defend anyone's right to it.  Free speech is hardest to defend when it is offensive, to anyone, regardless of their political or social views.

I enjoy debate, so let me know when and where and I will be there.  BTW - I like PBR so the tab will not be too large on my account.  Unless I feel attacked personally, then I will switch to Johnny Blue....j/k

-  Randy
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »
Rob, the last thing I am going to say, is based on your earlier comment towards me and your latest response essentially I am a hypocrite because I stated that I thought it was ridiculous. It ha nothing to do with free speech, it's just stupid.

I have no commitment to any party. Things have changed a lot in the world since Bush was elected and re-elected in terms of social media and the ways people communicate their thoughts. The evolution of communication forms has grown by leaps and bounds.

I agree this is not the place for  a heated political debate, but teh fact that anyone would interpret a response of:

"Ah yes, I read about that bb today. Just so out of line and out of touch."

as a political statement bothers me to no end. I wont lock this so it seems like I just want the last word ;). I don't care if you guys want to ramble on in this thread, just keep it civil and don't pass judgment on people because of how you interpret a post. Either take the time to understand what they are saying or ignore it.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 11:59:40 PM »
Randy - I wil IM you in the near future to get something set-up.

Jay - IM sent to you with a question.  I'll wait to hear your reply.

What I find bothersome is Alan's lack of reply.  Kind of similar to the "Why Fox News is an oxymoron" thread.  Where are you Alan?  I offered to buy you drinks.  Randy is in too.  What do you say?

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »
I am a bit naive when it comes to politics, but both links show things that I don't care to see nor do I think either of them is "right". I for one hate seeing all the name calling and mud slinging when election time rolls around. Obama is a terrorist? Bush is Hitler? Gimme a friggen break. No one person is going to be able to make EVERYONE happy, let's just hope whomever it is, they have the best interest of our COUNTRY in mind, and do the best they can..

Jonathan

KWilson

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
LOL.  I just drove by that sign (I work nearby).  There's a sad little group of about 5 older women protesting on the corner.  Their signs said something about not being able to fix ignorance.  I wish I had a camera with me.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
we have a couple people putting up signs similar here in NH. It has created quite a contravsy here and we have had a couple shootings due to it. While i may not have voted for our current goverment we still have 3 more years before things can change. I'll grab my bag of popcorn and wait it out.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »
we have a couple people putting up signs similar here in NH.

New Hampshire = "Live Free or Die" 

I love that state motto!

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »
I'm just going to toss in a grenade and close the door behind me.
http://xkcd.com/154/

Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM