Author Topic: The 200,000 mile epiphany  (Read 1112 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
The 200,000 mile epiphany
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:09:10 AM »
I haven't quite hit 200K but I am not for, around 191+ right now. I will surely hit it before year end. I am not looking for answers, more for support. :)

I had been toying with the notion that I should sell my car and move on to a newer model. However, I keep looking (as I always do and always will) and if I want to stay AWD about all I really like is a MKIV R32 or a B7 S4. I think if there were a MKVI I would be interested, or even a MKVI TDi AWD ;).

If I look at a R32 I could be spending anywhere from $15K - 20$K depending on miles condition etc. B7 S4, well we know they can be had in the mid $20's.

All I have to do is get behind the wheel of my car and just driving it is the greatest thing ever. I know what my options are down the road. I mean there are going to be some big ticket items sometime in the next 50 - 100K (maybe sooner...gulp). A lot has been done already over the years.

I guess my point is, I waited so long and looked for so long. Why would I want to get rid of this car? I sill regret selling my old C5 2.7T...a HUGE regret. In the end though it lead me to this car.

Well there it is, a little simple driving and enjoying the car outside of just the old commute to make you really appreciate what you have. No, this doesn't mean anything major for the car in the near term (I hope). I just want to keep driving and enjoying this car as long as I possibly can.

Now watch me change my mind in a month :P

bret

• Stock
Re: The 200,000 mile epiphany
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »
if it ain't broke, why fix it? :) the situation anyway. and hopefully the car :D

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: The 200,000 mile epiphany
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »