Author Topic: W8 Euro Tail Lights  (Read 1777 times)

Flippped

• Stock
W8 Euro Tail Lights
« on: April 13, 2004, 04:29:57 AM »
I finally got around to posting up some pictures of the Euro taillights I bought during Kurt's (Guft) GB over at CB5.

b]Larry[/b]

The 8 Banger

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
W8 Euro Tail Lights
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 04:11:30 PM »
Nice, is the top portion the integrated rear fog?  I know they both light up with the brake on the US ones, but what was the intention of having a portion of the round do-hickies not light up?  

Just wondering since I have not been following anything over there at www.clubb5.com lately.

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

W8 Euro Tail Lights
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 04:11:30 PM »

Flippped

• Stock
W8 Euro Tail Lights
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 06:09:21 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Nice, is the top portion the integrated rear fog?  I know they both light up with the brake on the US ones, but what was the intention of having a portion of the round do-hickies not light up?  

Just wondering since I have not been following anything over there at www.clubb5.com lately.

cheers
jon

Jon, the way the Euro style taillights work is first when the Rear brake is applied only the top two circles light up as compared to all four for the Us spec lights. The other difference is that The Euro taillights have a divider inside each circle that only allows 3/4 of the upper circles to light when the bear is press or if you put on the fog light. The other difference is that the euro lights use four bulbs in each tail as compared to only two for the US.

Larry
b]Larry[/b]

The 8 Banger

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
W8 Euro Tail Lights
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 07:10:09 PM »
Thanks Larry, that helps, I totally understand now.  I saw them a while back, but was not sure exactly what the different light configurations were.  Maybe you can put captions under your shots so others can understand them as well....like with each picture, describe where the light switch is and wheather the brake is applied or not.  I think it would be great info for all those B5.5 owners.

cheers
jon