Discussion Forums > Off-Topic

Tower of London

<< < (2/3) > >>

English:
......they also put them in cages......damn untrusting foreigners!....wait a minute.....

jayryan:
That's pretty cool.

gragravar:

--- Quote from: English on March 22, 2010, 02:28:30 PM ---nice, history is fun isn't it...its been to long since i have been back.

--- End quote ---

How long has it been for you.  this is my 4th trip so far this year, and I have 3 more planned to follow.   ::)

--- Quote from: kraut-sled on March 24, 2010, 12:05:28 PM ---The Empire cheats!  They clip the wings of the Ravens so they do not fly away, which it is said, would lead to the fall of the Empire.

I really enjoyed my tour there in 95.  Would love to go back.

Maybe we should have a GTG abroad sometime ;D

--- End quote ---

The worst part of that is the construction on the white tower.  the birds with the clipped wings can still hop, they just cant fly.  so apparently last week one hopped over to the scaffolding, then hopped its way to the top.  when it got to the top it failed to remember that it couldnt fly - and jumped to its demise.   :(

I am happy to do a GTG over here.  Actually ran into a quattro world guy in a restaurant here last weekend (no wasnt a planned meet, and no, I didnt realize it was him at the time but did a few days later - boy its a small world)

--- Quote from: 92UrS4 on March 24, 2010, 12:38:29 PM ---Maybe we should all order some cars for European delivery.

--- End quote ---

I'd be happy to drive them around for a week or two then to load them at a shipping company.   ;)

English:
Andrew, That's quite an achievement, England 7 times in one year......thats over 130 hours in a plane (feel sick thinking about it!)
I've been back twice in 10 years...once for a wedding, once for a funeral. I may be going back this summer though...for a Birth, so i guess thats the hat-trick?  ;D

gragravar:

--- Quote from: English on March 24, 2010, 03:33:59 PM ---Andrew, That's quite an achievement, England 7 times in one year......thats over 130 hours in a plane (feel sick thinking about it!)

--- End quote ---

the sad part is it will be 7 times in about 5 months (not in a year).  and, dont remind me about the hours on a plane.  I have 14 hours of travel coming up on Friday to get home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version