Author Topic: Windsor Swans  (Read 3609 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Windsor Swans
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »
Before leaving for the airport yesterday morning, I took a walk along the Thames River path and got some pics of the swans that live there.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

English

• Lightly Modded
Re: Windsor Swans
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »
Nice pictures....i'm sure there is still an old law regarding killings swans.....it's like an act of violence towards the queen or something....just while we were doing random trivia stuff associated with your trip.
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
Did you get close of just have a good zoom on you?  Some of those are quite close.

Didn't see anything on Swans... but:

# In London, Hackney taxis must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.

# It is illegal to be drunk in a pub or club, or any other licensed premises.

# Oddly, it is illegal to consume a mince pie on Christmas Day.

# In Hereford, you may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

# However, in Chester you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

# Also in York, excluding Sundays, it is apparently legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

# In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless they are a clerk in a tropical fish store.

# It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full coat of armour.

# Sleeping with a consort of the queen is classified as treason, and as such carries a maximum penalty of death.

# Placing a postage stamp of the queen upside down, is also considered treason.

# It is unlawful to impersonate an Chelsea pensioner.

# It is illegal to sell most goods on a Sunday. It is however legal to sell a carrot. It is also legal to sell it at any price, and to give free gifts with it, such as anything else one might want to buy on a Sunday.

The following are legal though:
# a male may urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle.

# all English males over the age of 14 are to carry out approximately two hours of longbow practice a week, supervised by the local clergy.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
 :o
.......strong work that man!
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »
I was shooting with a point and shoot camera, so yeah, I had to get up close, zoom wasnt so good.

as for the swans, yes, they are "owned" by the queen and there are apparently severe penalties for killing them.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
Well they're great photos.

on the laws, I esp like the "mermaid law" - topless onlyif in tropical fish store.
Life's too short to be taken seriously