Author Topic: 1982 chevy Crew cab short box project $6,000  (Read 2432 times)

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
1982 chevy Crew cab short box project $6,000
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »
I have been rebuilding this truck over the last several years and have come to the conclusion that I just don't have the time to finish it. My loss, your gain.   

It's still a project but comes with lots of stuff done or new. Mostly just body /paint type work and some mics stuff. 

I have driven it around a bit, but no more than about 600 miles on most of the new parts.

-1982 Chevy Crew cab set up to fit a short bed. (they never came this way).

-37" Goodyear MTRs on Allied Racing Beadlocks. 5 of them. (about $4,000 just in tires and wheels).

-Completely rewired wtih Painless Wiring harness from headlights to tail lights. Couple of items in the cab still need hooked up. 

-454 with new starter, cap, rotor, wires, plugs. Flowtech ceramic coated headers, flowtech mufflers and new exhaust pipes all the way back. New Wieand intake and new Holley Truck avenger carb. New aluminum fan, radiator hose, K&N Air filter, new electric fuel pump, 

-4 wheel 1 ton disk brakes with all brand new calipers, rotors, pads, steel braided brake lines. Hydroboost system. 

-Upgraded steering shaft (no rag joint). 

-Superlift 4" lift, all new shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 

-Transmission is a HD 700r4 (overdrive) wired with a "Painless wiring" tranmission kit to run without the electronic controls. 

-Brand new black carpet, new dash cover. old school custom seats. 

-Truck is fully sound deadened with "RAAMat" sound deadener. (doors, floors, inside fenders, roof etc). 

-Rear axle is a 14bolt full floater with a brand new Detroit locker in it. 4:10 gears. Superlift rock ring on the outside. (and converted to 4 wheel disc with eldorado calipers for a functioning parking brake assembly). 

-Front axle is a 3/4 ton D44 that needs a ring gear installed. I have a replacement, just have not installed it. Rebuilt wheel bearings and new calipers/rotors/brake lines/shocks. 

-New custom steering wheel. 

-Nordskog gauges. GPS driven speedometer and all other gauges. These are all new and cost over $1,200.

-Rhino lined bed, bed sides, fender liners, rockers, 

-New floor pan and rocker on drivers side. All other bad rust cut out and patched. The top of the roof has some surface rust and temporarily patched "cab light" holes to keep water out. 

-Frame painted with "POR 15" rust preventive paint when the cab and bed were off. 

-Rebuilt steering column(no wiggle). 

-front doors are not power, rear doors are. Have the door motors and wiring to complete all the power window conversion. 

-New custom "micro suede" headliner. 

-Tuffy aluminum bed box. 

-dual tank. 

-broken rear tail light and dent. Replaced the bed with a good one, then dinged it. 

-Has brand new 6x9 speakers and a working stereo in it. Speakers need to come out to finish the power window conversion. 

-Front clip is a 1982 sheet metal, have a 1991 style radiator support and light buckets to convert it to 1991 style front lights. Bed is from a 1987 with the aluminum tail gate trim. 

-Engine compartment fenders were "bed lined" with Duplicolor bedliner before the front clip was installed. 

Truck has a lot of very desirable new parts and some very disirable classic parts. Just needs to be finished.

Cole
303-359-7469

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: 1982 chevy Crew cab short box project $6,000
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »
do you want me to x-post this over on Frontrange4x4 for you?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:20:56 PM »
SOLD!

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor