Author Topic: The time has finally come...  (Read 3717 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
The time has finally come...
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
Just to let you guys know that I will be moving back to Canada later this summer.   :'(
It has been a difficult decision and everything is happening much sooner than I desired.  The economy is still very bad and I don't see the construction field being sustainable here in Colorado for at least another year.

Meanwhile the economy is the polar opposite in Toronto, so I have decided to move on to greener pastures due to money, market stability, expanding my career, free healthcare, not having to deal with work visas, and living in a big city which I really miss -- so it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Some of you may know I was on forced unpaid sabbatical last summer, working in Las Vegas earlier this year, and a month ago I was laid off, so I am really tired of the amount of uncertainty. Unfortunately other firms are suffering the same and many of my colleagues have not been working for a while now.

So, right now I am purging, packing and cleaning my loft so that I could rent it out in September (it will be used as a furnished corporate rental until the real estate market improves).  I plan make the road trip back to Toronto mid-August (stopping in Kansas City and Chicago), but will be back in Denver for the last week of September (will definitely hit up the Great American Brew Fest).

I would like to host at least one party at my loft before I take off.
Soon I will be posting miscellaneous stuff for sale (much of it from my garage) -- let me know if you are interested in anything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:29:32 PM by aowhaus »
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: The time has finally come...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:31:59 AM »
Sorry to hear Alan, but it makes sense.  I always like to remind people they need to do what's best for them, because no one else is going to do it for them.

You will definitely be missed around these parts. Please let us know when you want to get together.  Renee and I would like to see you again before you go.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 12:31:59 AM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »
Sorry to hear you'll be moving, but it sounds like a good decision for your situation.  Good Luck with all things related to the move!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:16 AM »
Sorry to hear that Alan, but sounds like things won't be so bad. 
Life's too short to be taken seriously

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 02:34:15 PM »
Hey Alan, I'm glad to hear you've found something to make you happier.  That said, I'm sorry to hear I'm losing you to Canada.  Good luck!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »
Sorry to hear man but good that you have options. I'll check the GTG boards for a gig at your place before you leave! (unless I already missed it...)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 03:52:44 AM »
Oh man, I can't believe I missed this earlier. Bummer for us, but it definitely sounds like it's best for you. I hope I didn't miss the BBQ as well!
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.