Author Topic: Hey all, Who wants to help????  (Read 3190 times)

Chas

• Modded
Hey all, Who wants to help????
« on: February 17, 2003, 08:19:35 AM »
OK, so I finally did it. I bought myself the much needed Bilstien struts and shocks. My old, tired and completely flogged out stock struts and shocks are trash and now the car is getting dangerous to drive at speed. It's just no fun to drive like this anymore. No LTB in the world could help this out. So I bought a set of new Bilstien Sport shocks and struts to go with my Eibach springs. Finally!!!! :roll: I really wanted the Neuspeed adjustable pearch struts, but I couldn't pay that much for this little nessacery mod.

I should have the bilstiens at my house later this week. Anyone interested in helping me out. It's been a very long time since I did this on my car and Dave Liddle was the main force behind doing this. Dave, if you're out there reading this, HELP!!!!! and call me on my cell 303-668-4826 we need to get to gether and chat. I haven't seen you for a long time man, no one has!!!!

Let me know.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

reem01

• Stock
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 01:41:08 PM »
Looks like the proceeds of the ChasBar are going to the ChasCar.

Depends on when you want to do this, this weekend is out for me, too much family stuff going on.  Plus, I may not be the best person to help, but will do what I can.

BTW, I hit the bar on a speed bump, thought I was going slow enough, but with a car behind me, I think I felt rushed. So now that ChasBar has a little twist to it, but I don't hear any extra noise, so I don't think that it is pushed up any.  Oh well, what can you do?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 01:41:08 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 02:02:04 PM »
Mike -

That stinks, you kind of got the double whammy in a way.  It took me a good 3 weeks or more to get used to my car being lower.  Add the decreased clearance from the ChasBAr and I'm sure there is more of a learning curve.

Luckily the aluminium is more forgiving than steel.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 02:03:28 PM »
Chas, I would love to help, buyt I'm booked up for the next few weekends.   I know you can't wait that long (I couldn't), but if you end up not having it done by the middle of March, let me know...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 02:57:41 PM »
Damn Mike! Already? Did it bend it back wards or did the bar itself bend? If it just bent back then it's an easy fix. I am really getting kinda upset with the wat this seems to be going. I really need to look into redesigning this Tip bar. If you want to be a guinne pig, I might have a new design idea that might be better. But it's going to take me some doing to make it happen. If this works the way I have been thinking about the ground clearance will be that of the 5 spd bar.

As for the strut and spring install, whenever you guys are available. I might try it myself, but I would be a happier dude if I had some help.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 04:57:11 PM »
Chas,

I can be an extra pair of hands this weekend if needed, but no help really technically.

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 07:57:18 PM »
Chas,

I'm afraid this coming Saturday is already booked for me, but if you do this on Sunday I could probably show up and help.  I don't have any of the tools needed for this though, just my two hands.  :)

Send an email out to the list when you decide what day you're going to work on this.

Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 12:19:45 AM »
Chas, depending on the day your are doing these, I would be happy to help if I am not working.  Just let us know a day...and I will see if that works with my schedule.

Do you need to use my spring compressors?  You are welcome to them if you need 'em.  Just drop me a line.

Jon

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2003, 03:00:34 PM »
Hey Chas, let me know if you still need help.  I may not have much knowledge, but I do have a couple hands.  When do you plan on doing it?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson