Author Topic: Cycling with ya'll  (Read 4851 times)

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Cycling with ya'll
« on: April 14, 2004, 12:51:20 PM »
Hey everybody,

It looks like we might actually have decent weather during the weekend coming up.  Sort of a nice change from the typical rain and snow we've had on weekends lately.  So, it's time to dust off your two-wheeler and go biking! :)

I know we've got some folks here who like to bike, so anyone who might be interested in getting together once in a while for a ride, chime in below.  My mtn bike is old and a POS, so I'm pretty much sticking to road riding this year.  Is anybody training for Ride the Rockies or a similar event?

I'll probably be going for a ride this coming weekend either on Saturday after helping Andrew move or on Sunday.  Lemme know if you wanna go.  We should plan some weeknight rides too so Jon can go also.

Thanks!
Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 01:06:30 PM »
During the week Urban assaults are awesome.  Did that last year with Winston and some others.  That was more mountain biking, but I am sure you can ride you POS and be fine.

I would love to do that, and as Films on Filmore open, we can do it before the movie, then enjoy the movie, now that would be some fun

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 01:06:30 PM »

MattyB

• Stock
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 05:29:20 PM »
I'd be in for some road riding this summer.  I just got back from CA and I have a load of stuff to do around the house this weekend, but I'd be up for a ride in the coming weeks.  Lemme' know and I'll show.

Cheers,

Matt

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 05:37:01 PM »
I have a dedicated Urban Assult hard tail that i use for some dirt and rocks too, but its in about 60 diffrent pecies. I started to rebuild some of the components when it started snowing but never got around to finishing it.

~Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

madigan

• Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 07:14:45 PM »
I'd be down Alan...
mad wagon

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 12:09:19 AM »
I have 2 Mtn bikes, neither of which I ride very much since I am way out of shape, and my friends that I used to ride with are now very very far away  :cry:  I would like to ride sometime, as long as the people I go with aren't in Olympic-esque  shape and have to wait an hour for me to catch up  :P  I prefer mountain biking, but would be willing to ride on the road also, with one of my Mtn. bikes  :D

Jonathan

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 01:42:32 AM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
I have 2 Mtn bikes, neither of which I ride very much since I am way out of shape, and my friends that I used to ride with are now very very far away  :cry:  I would like to ride sometime, as long as the people I go with aren't in Olympic-esque  shape and have to wait an hour for me to catch up  :P  I prefer mountain biking, but would be willing to ride on the road also, with one of my Mtn. bikes  :D

Jonathan

If you guys are up for some mtn biking i am down. I could dust off the Santa Cruz and hit some drops... 8)

I am kinda outa shape right now, but i did just tune up my Strong road bike last weekend so the bike is in good shape, the rider is just fat and slow.. 8)  So take it easy on me...

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 01:50:46 AM »
Let me know, I'm always up for a ride.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 07:05:21 PM »
I am still recovering from my last ride, but am down for some rides soon now that we are in the lighter part of the year.  Urbans will be on Thursdays this summer, so stay tuned for that.  We should be able to accomodate a roadie on the rides and Alan, Jen's Gary Fisher needs some riding.  It is a great bike and actually better than mine, so if you want to spin with it, I can arrange that...It has SPD compatible pedals.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 09:47:19 PM »
My mtn bike would do the job for urban assaults.  I just don't wanna be way out in the mountains and have something break on me.

I might be meeting up with a few guys from work for a road ride in Deer Creek Canyon (possible location) this Sunday (perhaps 10 A.M).  If anyone is interested in joining us, give me a call: 720-323-0447.

Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 09:55:15 PM »
Another weekend, another bike ride.

A co-worker and I are planning on meeting up in Sedalia (South of Denver on Santa Fe/US85) on Sunday around 10AM for a ride.  We'll probably head south on Hwy 105 for about 25 miles before turning around.

Anyone is welcome to join us.  Give me a call for exact meeting time and place: 720-323-0447

Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 02:29:13 AM »
Wow 8O  50 miles round trip... You guys are too hard core for me. But thatís my own fault, too much drink not enough pedal. I need to dust off the bike again.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 03:34:41 PM »
Anybody else signed up for the Elephant Rock thing this weekend?  I'm hoping to complete the 100 mile road ride.  If anyone else will be down there let me know and we can meet up.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 05:42:52 PM »
If anyone can provide a bike for some casual moutain(out of shape) or some urban assault I'd be down. (hopefully when I get a new job, I'll have enough dinero to buy a bike for me and the wifey...I miss mine so much) . I found my tools and gloves, but I still can't seem to place my SPD's or helmet....hmmm....must go hunt....
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »
I might have an extra bike for you to ride, depending on where we go.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 06:15:07 PM »
I like you Pat...you're nice...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 06:17:49 PM »
Sorry to jack the thread, but lets set something up. I'm itchin to ride...either urban or trail...
mad wagon

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 07:15:57 PM »
Let's pick a night next week for an urban assault, whaddya say?  Maybe Wed or Thurs?  Do we just want to hit downtown and maybe Cherry Creek?  We could park near the Cherry Creek mall (at Bed, Bath & Beyond?) which is right by the bike path so we can ride to downtown easily.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

madigan

• Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 07:43:33 PM »
Quote from: "velo"
Let's pick a night next week for an urban assault, whaddya say?  Maybe Wed or Thurs?  Do we just want to hit downtown and maybe Cherry Creek?  We could park near the Cherry Creek mall (at Bed, Bath & Beyond?) which is right by the bike path so we can ride to downtown easily.

I like that idea! I'm down for either night so what ever works best for anyone else...
mad wagon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2004, 02:13:18 AM »
So I just did some rootin' around in my stuff...then called my parents. They sold my Specialized SPD's and helmet at a garage sale...Grrrr...that was like, over a hundred bucks!
Have fun...I'm hestitant to ride anyone else's bike anyway. I'm pretty aggressive and had over 1K in mods on my last bike.
Actally, I'm all soft and haven't ridden in about two years so I'm probably a pansy now anyway, I have to go to bed.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2004, 02:57:40 AM »
I wouldn't mind doing some biking, but I'm really out of shape so I'm not into doing a hard core long ride.

Maybe do two groups of different levels and we'll meet up somewhere afterwards?
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2004, 01:28:43 PM »
Don't worry Alan, this will be a pretty mellow ride.  Just cruising around at dusk to see what kind of trouble we can get into.  ;)

I'll post under the GTG forum for doing this on Thurs night.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 07:25:02 PM »
We had a great time doing this last week.  Anyone want to do it again?  I'll bring fresh batteries this time!  Hehe...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

RobD

• Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 09:01:14 AM »
I'm heading out the door in a few minutes for my first ride of the season at Mathews/Hogback trail.  Should be a gust buster for me.  Hopefully i can make it one night for an urban assult!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 12:12:17 PM »
Oh man, Dakota Ridge is a tough ride.  I can't imagine how that would be for the first ride of the year.  Going at midnight certainly can't make it much easier.
-Chuck Patterson

RobD

• Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2004, 12:27:04 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
Oh man, Dakota Ridge is a tough ride.  I can't imagine how that would be for the first ride of the year.  Going at midnight certainly can't make it much easier.

Patrick We stayed on the Mathews side and climbed the platue and came back.  No hogback section on this ride.  Not sure why my time is off but we hit it this morning at 6:00am.

I want/need to ride more!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 12:34:01 PM »
Ahhhh....got it.  Next time you go let me know.  I would've gone with you!  I haven't ridden that yet this year.  I always get pissed becuase Dakota Ridge is so demoralizing.  If you need an ego check, just ride the hogback.  BTW, there's a new trail that goes down the east side of the ridge.  It's called Zoro and ends up just south of the motocross area near 470.
-Chuck Patterson

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2004, 12:40:46 PM »
Pat, you sure you have your timezone setting correct in your rmcb5 profile?  It should be 'GMT-6 hrs', IIRC.

I'm doing a long (80 mi) road ride on Saturday, but might be doing a shorter one Sunday morning.  If anyone wants to join in for either one, let me know.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 12:57:51 PM »
Thanks Alan, I got it.
As far as riding goes, I'd love to...but don't have a road bike.  I'm going to be in Chicago Tomorrow through Saturday, but might be up for a ride Sunday morning.  Do you have a bike I can borrow?  How far do you plan on going?  Big hills?  Could I use the BeerTour III?
-Chuck Patterson

velo

• Lightly Modded
Cycling with ya'll
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 03:17:08 PM »
If I do ride on Sunday morning, it won't be very long and it won't be very fast.  You would probably be fine on your mountain bike if you want, or perhaps even the BeerTour.  I don't have a plan on where to ride, so if you have any ideas, let me know.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd