Author Topic: BMW club 100K ride  (Read 2553 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
BMW club 100K ride
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:59:25 AM »
today was the annual BMW club 100K ride - a ride that goes over mountain passes that total to 100K vertical feet.  the route changes every year.  this years route was 510 miles, plus 35 for me to get to the start from home and 43 to get home from the end point - thats 588 miles on the streetfighter for you math impaired. 

Jack and Jay both joined me for the ride, made it like an RMCB5 ride.

our route:

at the starting point - my F1098-S, Jack's Speed Triple, and Jay's F800ST

the check in line

on top of loveland pass

another from loveland pass

F1098-S in the crowd of BMWs

Lunch Stop

Good place for lunch should you find yourself in Salida CO

Sorry, thats all the pics I got we spent the rest of the day riding hard.  we covered the 510 miles of the ride itself in a little under 8.5 hours.  doesnt sound like much when you think of it in interstate terms, but this was mostly twisty mountain roads.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: BMW club 100K ride
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:43:09 PM »
Thanks for posting Andrew. The only picture I took was of my mileage when I got home. Lame huh.  Definitely a great ride. For some reason I am unable to firmly grasp anything with my hands today. :D

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:43:09 PM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
It was a great day.  I will get my pics up once I set up my computer.  Still in its box, been too busy with moving and house repair stuff to set it up.

Was a great day. 
Life's too short to be taken seriously