Author Topic: 2000 S4  (Read 4592 times)

DVSRT4

• n00balicious
2000 S4
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »
Im hoping for some info and advice for modding a 2000 S4, the plan so far is to go with all the basic bolt on mods, intake, exhaust, fmic (if i can find one), all hard piping, boost controller, aftermarket diverter valves (from what i have read these cars don't respond well to a traditional atmospheric bov).

My only issue is i have no idea how the ecu will respond after the boost is turned up.
Is this like any other car with a factory controller? If i take the vacuum lines off of the factory tree will i have an issue there other than a cel coming on?
What is safe to run with the factory turbo's and factory fuel setup?

After all the basic's we plan on going with aftermarket turbo's and all supporting mods. As for turbo's i have only been able to find internally gated setup's, is there a kit that uses an external wastage setup ? Also i have not seen much on doing single turbo swaps for this car, i personally think a single gtk would be nice for it or is that something i should not even consider?

Also if i could get some basic info about what the factory parts can handle HP wise.
Clutch
Block
Transmission
Ect.

Im not new to modifying cars, just new to modifying an Audi. So any tips, tricks, general info, or advice will be appreciated.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:07:50 PM by DVSRT4 »
2005 57trim neon with supporting mods.
http://www.streetfire.net/profile/DV.htm

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: 2000 S4
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »
For a few hundred bucks they can get software (chip) that will take care of the HP/Torque gains and increase boost for something like Stage 1.  In most cases there is already software developed for most of the modified applications.

There is no such thing as a simple turbo swap on these cars because of their location.  The motor and turbos are pretty much shoehorned in there. Some shops pull the motor, regardless the front end of the car is coming apart to do the work.  Popular upgrade is to K04 turbos, but there are other options. I guess the real question should be, what is the goal of the car?

It's definitely doable on your own. It is a lot of work and may take more than a weekend in the garage just so you are prepared.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
Im hoping for some info and advice for modding a 2000 S4,

RUN!!!! RUN NOW!!!  ;D

The B5 S4 is one of the most expensive to modify and maintain cars on earth. By a 996TT and save your self some  money and time. ;D

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »

RUN!!!! RUN NOW!!!  ;D

The B5 S4 is one of the most expensive to modify and maintain cars on earth. By a 996TT and save your self some  money and time. ;D

listen to this man. 

LOL.

everyone does seem headed toward 996 turbos.  hmmmm.  sounds like a good trend.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Ha!  I'm bucking the trend by going old school with a 951.  Although I looked very hard at a 996tt...
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »
Ha!  I'm bucking the trend by going old school with a 951.  Although I looked very hard at a 996tt...

So.....how did that work out for you Josh :o

Think my 996TT recommendation might still stand :P

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor