Discussion Forums > General Discussion

How's everyone doing?

(1/3) > >>

redline:
Man, it's been a long time since I've seen most everyone on here! Certain recent events have had me very reminiscent of the good ole' days like the first time I met Jay and Andrew at DATR '07 or the first (and only real) Das Kolorado Treffen and so on and so forth and I figured I would stop by and see how everyone is doing!

I'll start; I'm getting married in August, keeping strong at CSU (one more year left until I'm out with a bachelors in marketing), and working my ass off at Wal Mart and my internship at a local web-design firm doing marketing for their clients. I've had a couple of cars since most of you guys have seen me: an '87 Audi 5000 (committed suicide on a dear 90 miles outside Bozeman), a Mercury Sable (not-so-proud of this one, the not-so-luxury land yacht) and finally a mkIII Jetta in moderate shape.

The fiance and I just bought a red B5 passat wagon that's pretty nice, more so than I expected. Unfortunately, it's already having transmission issues, but we should get those worked out pretty soon with any luck!

I'll probably be in CO for another year while I finish up my under-grad and then the soon-to-be wife and I will likely move to God knows where for her to start her graduate degree.

I hope everyone else is still alive, kicking, and checking this place again. I definitely miss the good times that were had on here, this was the first car forum I ever joined and you guys started the addiction!

So, what's everyone else up to?

gragravar:
Hey, good to hear from you.    I stated a new job, job is in CA but I refuse to move, so I have been spending a lot of time on airplanes.  Things are going well.  The Audi is getting a little old, but otherwise all is well.  Kids, wife and job take up almost all my time.

aowhaus:
Nice to hear from both of you, Mike and Andrew, and that you are doing well.

It has been just over a year since I moved to Toronto.
Things are going well and work has been unbelievably busy as the general economy and real estate market has been booming for a while now. I can't believe how much Toronto has changed and how expensive things has become here.
I moved to downtown Toronto in March, after suffering 3 months of the miserable long commute to work from the suburbs.
My new home won't be finished for another 2-1/2 years, so I am renting in the meantime. Long construction delays are very common here, mostly due to the amount of constuction that is going on in the city.

On the carfront I haven't done much to my C (let alone wash it), since I don't drive it much. I really want to use my scooter in the city, however in Ontario I will need to get a motorcycle license (no matter what size of engine), and I need to get my scooter registered and titled which requires some modifications and lots of paperwork, inspections and fees. It's something I am not looking forward to after going through that with my car.  Hopefully I will have the motivation to do it by next spring, as I have been putting it off for so long.

I would like to visit Denver sometime this winter, unfortunately airfares to Denver are pretty expensive which makes travelling to Europe very tempting.

I hope everyone else on RMCB5 are doing well.

Noob_Shum:

--- Quote from: gragravar on July 15, 2011, 02:28:41 PM ---Hey, good to hear from you.    I stated a new job, job is in CA but I refuse to move, so I have been spending a lot of time on airplanes.  Things are going well.  The Audi is getting a little old, but otherwise all is well.  Kids, wife and job take up almost all my time.

--- End quote ---

Your Audi might be getting older, but it still kicks ass!  8)

Not much new here, just working in Gunbarrel and still trying to grow our business.  Still have the S4, first "major" work on it in some time. Replacing the front axle and tie rod end. Good to hear from you all.

ColoradoB5:
Hey guys,

I have been laying pretty low, but I think of all of you often.  Like Andrew, the job and my family are keeping me extremely busy.

I recently sold the B5 and picked up a 2003 B6 A4 Avant.  I'm dedicating some time and money to fixing it up like I like it and hope to eventually go to and APR Stage III setup with in a year or so.

Jen has a Q5 and I'm still keeping the 97 Land Cruiser for trips with the family as well as camping and offroad expeditions.

Alan, I didn't know you moved to Toronto.  I just discovered a band from up there call Walk Off The Earth that is really good and I have been spending time listening to.  That's a real bummer they make you do so much paperwork for a darn scooter.  What the hell!?!? 

Now that I am managing, I spend most of my free time working, but I still get a chance to hang out with Pat now and again for a bike ride

Is everyone doing okay? 

Winston

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version