Discussion Forums > General Discussion

How's everyone doing?

<< < (3/3)

jayryan:
Hey guys, great to hear how you all are doing! Figure I'll poke in with an update as well. My wife and I are expecting our 2nd, a girl in less than two months. I finally moved the businesses out of the house into my own studio/office space. I started an ATM Vault Cash Financing company which is growing well and in the between time, producing non-profit feature documentaries. And I don't mountain bike enough.

I'm still in love with my A4. Last fall, I go the USP blades swapped out with carbon fiber ones, just changed out bumpers to the Deval with carbon fiber insert. Got a VEI dual guage installed in single Podi (like, yesterday). Little things since all the big stuff is done. Talking with Randy now about bringing it down this winter to do some CA/TRE replacement work and maybe replace the stock suspension with CO's. I only put 2500 on it last year since I usually bike everywhere in the summer.

My wife's still driving our beasty '07  Toyota 4Runner. And that dammed '68 MG C still isn't done yet  :-\ Might drive it to the car show next week though anyway. I'm on the web, G+ mostly and chat's usually up all day. Anyway, hope to catch up with you guys in person sometime sooner rather than later.

ColoradoB5:
Hey JR, it's good to hear from you.  I was just thinking about you the other day when I saw a Nogaro A4 on Audizine.  I'm in the B6 A4 club now too and I have a few things left to do to mine, like retint the windows, get the lowers and some new body parts painted and put on and lower the sucker.  But I'm really enjoying it.  That quality of the A4 over the Passat is night and day in my opinion.

Let me know the next time you are down and bring your bike if it's riding weather!

Dub

jayryan:
Winston,
Yeah, I saw that somewhere you're now in the B6 A4 club. I gotta tell you, my car will be 10 next year and I've had it since spring of '07 and it still drives and runs and feels like new. Granted, the rubberized plastic interior is starting to wear off and I've to replace a few interior things have worn on me under general use but man, it's a great car and holds up incredible well when cared for. I remember back in the day at your place you said after the Passat you'd have to upgrade to an A6 because the A4 is just a little too small. I still remember that and now I chuckle ;) I think Pat was on to something with his.

I just built up a Titus Racer X frame with X-Fusion Velvet RL up front and a Fox RP23 in the rear. Spank and Thompson with Hayes Nine and SRAM XO/X9 in a 2x9 round out the rest of the setup. Man, it's a sweet, light bike. Now, if only the rider was worthy ;) I'll try to make it down in a warm month. Maybe push my car's front end maintenance to spring or something we can go ride.

jayryan:

--- Quote from: jayryan on August 19, 2012, 12:50:04 PM ---Winston,
Yeah, I saw that somewhere you're now in the B6 A4 club. I gotta tell you, my car will be 10 next year and I've had it since spring of '07 and it still drives and runs and feels like new. Granted, the rubberized plastic interior is starting to wear off and I've to replace a few interior things have worn on me under general use but man, it's a great car and holds up incredible well when cared for. I remember back in the day at your place you said after the Passat you'd have to upgrade to an A6 because the A4 is just a little too small. I still remember that and now I chuckle ;) I think Pat was on to something with his.

I just built up a Titus Racer X frame with X-Fusion Velvet RL up front and a Fox RP23 in the rear. Spank and Thompson with Hayes Nine and SRAM XO/X9 in a 2x9 round out the rest of the setup. Man, it's a sweet, light bike. Now, if only the rider was worthy ;) I'll try to make it down in a warm month. Maybe push my car's front end maintenance to spring or something we can go ride. I've got an average joe MTB blog at: http://mtbikeguy.tumblr.com/. I'm also on Strava.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version