Author Topic: Yoko AVS ES100's  (Read 1327 times)

RobD

• Modded
Yoko AVS ES100's
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:36:55 AM »
I hooked up with a set of 225/50/16's from Eric1.8t earlier this spring.  I've had a chance to push them a bit here and there in the dry weather but tonight coming home from Brighton in the rain they really shined!  Super traction and minimal if any hydroplaning coming down I76 from Sable.  That stretch is straight and I opned it up to some low triple digits and felt very confident with these tires.  I took the clover leaf from 76 to 270.  Again amazing grip in the rain.  Much better than the Pirelli P7000 I had before.

Eric thanks for a great deal!  I owe you some Guiness!  :)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: Yoko AVS ES100's
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 01:50:31 AM »
Quote from: "RobD"
I hooked up with a set of 225/50/16's from Eric1.8t earlier this spring.  I've had a chance to push them a bit here and there in the dry weather but tonight coming home from Brighton in the rain they really shined!  Super traction and minimal if any hydroplaning coming down I76 from Sable.  That stretch is straight and I opned it up to some low triple digits and felt very confident with these tires.  I took the clover leaf from 76 to 270.  Again amazing grip in the rain.  Much better than the Pirelli P7000 I had before.

Eric thanks for a great deal!  I owe you some Guiness!  :)

I told you they were good solid, predictable, and lastly affordable tires.. :)

On a side note I just picked up a set of Bridgestone SO-3's PP tonight for the wifes car, if these SO-3's don;t work out, i am going back the ES 100's. I really think bang for the buck, you can't beat the Yoko's.. Oh and Rob, you can buy m a pint next time we go out for burgers.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Yoko AVS ES100's
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 01:50:31 AM »