Author Topic: Todays New Mods..  (Read 2480 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« on: April 18, 2004, 02:55:10 AM »
1. - Jetta - Got all the windows tinted with a Metalized, Polarized,  27% tint all around and a strip accross the windsheild. It loooks Sweet!

2. - Golf - Got all the windows tinted on her car too. Since her car is black, it looks great with the metalized, polarized tint. Looks OEM and sweet. :)

3. -  Jetta -  Curb-rashed the front passenger wheel when going to the ATM to get cash for the tint guy.  :mad:  I was pissed.  Now i need to find a new wheel or get this one repaired.. Then a cell phone talking SUV driver cut me off on Wasdworth. I made it a point to pull around her, downshift and slam on the brakes to see if she could hit me..  I was quite livid..

madigan

• Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 03:34:05 AM »
Sorry about the wheel Eric... :( I am always so cautious of curbs, they are the enemy!

Check out Spec Wheels in Commerce City. I had my 19ís refinished there and they did a good job for a reasonable price...

I've got to check out your tint too. You should post some pics.
mad wagon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Todays New Mods..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 03:34:05 AM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 03:41:19 AM »
Quote from: "madigan"
Sorry about the wheel Eric... :( I am always so cautious of curbs, they are the enemy!

Check out Spec Wheels in Commerce City. I had my 19ís refinished there and they did a good job for a reasonable price...

I've got to check out your tint too. You should post some pics.

I will post some pics tomamrow. It looks nice and dark.  The road rash isn't to bad. I might just smooth it off and put some touch up paint on it.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 11:04:51 AM »
Talk about sweet and sour!  Yeah, I have had many experiences with drivers on Wadsworth.  About a year ago I was down by Toys R US and a guy in his full size pick-up was right on my bumper.  I tapped the brakes and he slammed his on.  He made a quite scene and gave me the bird, but he backed off a good 2-3 car lengths.  

I am curious, where did you get your tints done?  I would like to see your sometime.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 07:16:05 PM »
Here are some quick pics, the cars are dirty since it is so windy.

My car:

And here's the wifes car:

You can tell our stock looking jettas from everyone else because we have New Hampshire Euro decals in the rear windows.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 02:26:19 AM »
Very nice Eric, you kids are going to love that come late July early Audust when he hit the 100's a lot.

Looks fantastic!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 08:23:38 AM »
Nice!!!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 10:55:52 AM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Very nice Eric, you kids are going to love that come late July early Audust when he hit the 100's a lot.

Looks fantastic!

Currently i loving the TDi since the premium gas price is over $2. Nothing beats 55+ mpg.  Be putting her chip in the TDi in 2 weeks so it will have some more torque. :lol: Should be getting wheels for the Golf in the next month or so.  I also need to swing by a garage day to put the Bilstiens in one of these days.

Scuba2001

• Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 11:59:20 AM »
Wow, what a difference with the tints.  Wait until summer comes, you will be loving them even more by then.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 01:34:12 AM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
Talk about sweet and sour!  Yeah, I have had many experiences with drivers on Wadsworth.  About a year ago I was down by Toys R US and a guy in his full size pick-up was right on my bumper.  I tapped the brakes and he slammed his on.  He made a quite scene and gave me the bird, but he backed off a good 2-3 car lengths.  

I am curious, where did you get your tints done?  I would like to see your sometime.

I got the tint done by a guy named Dan down in Littleton. He can be a little hard to get ahold of. But he does good work for a fair price.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: Todays New Mods..
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 02:41:52 AM »
Quote from: "Eric18T"

3. -  Jetta -  Curb-rashed the front passenger wheel when going to the ATM to get cash for the tint guy.  :mad:  I was pissed.  Now i need to find a new wheel or get this one repaired.. .

Well i just solved this problem. I ended up orered another new wheel this morning. :( Should be here in a couple days. :)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 12:43:14 PM »
Nice Eric!  I hope the wheel works out for you.  Then you can always get the other one repaired and keep it as a spare.

Does your wife want new wheels too?  That would be awesome to have two souped up dubs in the family.  My wife is a little resistant.  I told her resistance is futile, but in the end, my resistance to her resistance may be futile.  hehe.  :sigh:
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Todays New Mods..
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 10:52:47 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Nice Eric!  I hope the wheel works out for you.  Then you can always get the other one repaired and keep it as a spare.

Does your wife want new wheels too?  That would be awesome to have two souped up dubs in the family.  My wife is a little resistant.  I told her resistance is futile, but in the end, my resistance to her resistance may be futile.  hehe.  :sigh:

I figured it was good to have a spare wheel around anyways so i decided to just buy another one. my wife was resistant at first, then she saw a sweet Oettinger TDi when we were in Europe.. the she was hooked.

I would say yeah the wife is 'sorta' into the dubs. We picked up a set of 17" Moda R6 wheels with Bridgestone SO-3's and a Van Aaken Tuning box with huge injectors and a K&N Induction kit.  I also have a set of Bilsteins and factory sport springs sitting here ready to put in to her Golf.. So i would say she is 'sorta' into dubs..