Author Topic: Coilover Question  (Read 1376 times)

Flippped

• Stock
Coilover Question
« on: April 11, 2004, 06:11:05 PM »
OK I have decided on finally dropping my car (As some of you might already know I drive a W8 ) with a set of coilovers. (Not that I have a choice in the matter ) Now my question for everyone is which KW model would be best for me. The KW Variant 1, KW Variant 2, or KW Variant 3s? I am aware of the differences each model brings I just would like to hear from everyone which one would be best for me.

As for my primary purpose for them it is mostly for handling and lowering espesially now that I will be moving up to 18"s.

TIA
b]Larry[/b]

The 8 Banger

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Coilover Question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:43:07 PM »
Larry, if money is not a question, then I would go with the V3's.  The main reason is that the V3's add compression adjustability, whereas the V2's (what I have) are only height and rebound adjustability.  The rebound is much less important than the compression adjustability, IMHO.  I wish I could make mine a little bit softer, but there you go...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Coilover Question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:43:07 PM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
Coilover Question
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 01:04:18 PM »
Larry, like I have said on b5one, and the other boards, the V1's IMO are a pretty soft setup out of the box.  But if money is not a concern, get the V3's and you'll be set for any road condition.

Flippped

• Stock
Coilover Question
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 04:24:01 AM »
I appreciate the feed back guys it is definitely helping on my final decision. I'll keep everyone posted.
b]Larry[/b]

The 8 Banger

Flippped

• Stock
Coilover Question
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 09:55:19 PM »
Ok I just got off the phone with Pat from Pro-Imports and placed the order for the KW Variant 1s. I felt these were the best setup for me being I don't see myself ever tracking the car and from people have told me it is a major pain in the ass to try and adjust these.

Now hopefully, these will show up before Highpoint GTG so I could have my baby slammed.  :nervous:

BTW if anyone else is interested here's the site that they are holding the Group buy on.Pro-Imports

Larry
b]Larry[/b]

The 8 Banger