Author Topic: Rock Climbing on fridays  (Read 2108 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Rock Climbing on fridays
« on: April 15, 2004, 12:21:11 AM »
Just want to invite anyone here for rock climbing.
It's my new found hobby/sport (been doing it for 2 months now), and I'm at the climbing club every friday nights with a couple work buds.
It's really fun and an excellent workout -- doesn't even feel like a workout except for the next day.

It's $10 for an all-you-climb day pass, and an additional $7 for equipment rentals.  The gym closes at 11pm (we normally go for dinner and drinks downtown afterwards).

The place is at the Paradise Rock Gym, 6260 North Washington St.
www.ParadiseRock.com
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 01:14:03 AM »
I should start climbing again, I havent been on a rock or wall since i was like 16 im sure all of my mucels are very out of shape....

:D
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 01:14:03 AM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 01:44:13 AM »
Hehe If I thought I could get my whimpy fingers to hold onto a rock wall with my big butt, I might try it  :P  I think I would have to lose like 20 lbs before I did any serious rock climbing  :lol:

Jonathan

RobD

• Modded
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 09:46:07 AM »
Alan,

I would very much like to make it upa and climb with you sometime.  It's been way too long but I think I can manage to get up the easier way routes to start.  No onsite of 5.14a's for me.  If the weather cooperates maybe we could even try to make it out to North Table Mtn in Golden for some real rock.  I picked up a new rope last year and it needs to see some climb time!  PM your phone number when you can.

Rob

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 10:59:22 AM »
I was a *very* avid climber since High School (early 90's) and I tought climbing classes in college untill '98 or '99 then graduation came, a job and responsibilities, and life in general.  Basically I have climbed a hand full of times since '99 but each time I hurt more and more the next day.

However, I would love to get back into it, just not sure if Friday evenings are best.  Then again like others I have a family which includes a 2 year old who demands too much time right now to take on another hobby again.
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 12:32:53 PM »
I am in.  I do not think this friday will work for me, but next friday if I am all for it.

I have all the necessary equipement, so just let mw know when.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 03:45:02 PM »
I once had all the gear and was an avid climber..that was like ten years ago...I think the only thing I remember is a figure eight and what I feel like after I fall :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Rock Climbing on fridays
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
I once had all the gear and was an avid climber..that was like ten years ago...I think the only thing I remember is a figure eight and what I feel like after I fall :lol:

Ditto!

I still have all of my gear, which is a harness, shoes, some 'biners, and a chalk bag...I would like to go with you guys at least some times.

Are you going next Friday, the 23rd?  What time?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.